Sign in to follow this  
drum5tick

E90 Speakers

Hi All,

First time poster and euro car owner.

Recently picked up a bog stock 320i e90 06. Got some tints and nice mags to go with the car so far. Speakers in the car are lacking a bit of thump in my opinion and was wondering whats the best solution for a bolt on speakers that would improve sound and cost wise roughly?

Cheers!

There was an Alpine retrofit kit which includes an amp, front speakers & some new tweeters for behind the wing mirrors. Not sure if it was an OEM kit or just plug & play. I looked at it, but decided that the $700 USD was a bit steep for what I wanted. No doubt there are other aftermarket solutions now as well.

Plenty of drop in kit choice for OEM replacements , most will need importing

eg (in

Gladen and mosconi amps (nice !)

Focal

MB Quart (old school sound)

MTX

Bavsound

Otherwise a bit more dyi some of the $750 usd speaker kits use a value for money drivers from Dayton audio so its a case of working out which drivers they use and save 200 - 250 usd.

If it's just a bit more punch without breaking the bank then check out earthquake sws woofer replacements and adaptors for your under seat woofers.

Otherwise , money no object then check out this e60 build for ideas

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/build-logs-project-install-gallery/116978-2008-bmw-m3-carbon-alloy-build.html

Edited by Neal

Plenty of drop in kit choice for OEM replacements , most will need importing

eg (in

Gladen and mosconi amps (nice !)

Focal

MB Quart (old school sound)

MTX

Bavsound

Otherwise a bit more dyi some of the $750 usd speaker kits use a value for money drivers from Dayton audio so its a case of working out which drivers they use and save 200 - 250 usd.

If it's just a bit more punch without breaking the bank then check out earthquake sws woofer replacements and adaptors for your under seat woofers.

Otherwise , money no object then check out this e60 build for ideas

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/build-logs-project-install-gallery/116978-2008-bmw-m3-carbon-alloy-build.html

What about Rainbow, are they any good? Plus they are German :P