Sign in to follow this  
needsprings

e36 exhaust removal

Second post, second problem. So today I got to installing a new exhaust on my 323i from the headers back. All the nuts came loose from the studs rather easy, so that was great. But as I came to remove the mid-pipe from the headers, the mid-pipe wasn't able to drop down far enough without hitting a bar to clear the flange holes from the studs.

I'm wondering if it is possible to remove this bar (as pictured in red circle, not actual picture), without any dire consequences. The bar has to mounts the bolt onto it, so I'm not entirety sure if I should remove it, has no one else has seemed to run into this problem. Cheers

post-53262-0-09681700-1461144138.jpg

Is just the under body chassis brace. Had to remove all Mine to drop exhaust. Just make sure you put it back on once the job is done or the front might feel a bit floppy

yeah, and do put your new exhust on too - otherwise it'll be floppy *and* noisy!

Thanks guys that part is all done now. Just wanted to clarify that nothing disastrous was going to happen if I unbolted it. Has any one ever tried fitting a remus back box to a 323i? the back adapter parts are meant to bolt vertically. Where as the 323i only has mounting for horizontally bolting them up. Cheers.