Sign in to follow this  
Olaf

What did you do to your Volvo, today?

today on my 855-T5, I replaced an H1 dipped beam bulb, and a sidelight bulb.  Under $8 incl GST, sweet.  

Took about 7 mins, no tools needed.  

Ready for a new WoF next week.  It's done 195,700 kms now.  Pretty good for a 20 year old car.  Happy days.

Edited by Olaf

2 hours ago, Olaf said:

today on my 855-T5, I replaced an H1 dipped beam bulb, and a sidelight bulb.  Under $8 incl GST, sweet.  

Took about 7 mins, no tools needed.  

Ready for a new WoF next week.  It's done 195,700 kms now.  Pretty good for a 20 year old car.  Happy days.

Got pics? :)

4 hours ago, Gabe79 said:

Got pics? :)

yeah mate, on the previous page :)

9 hours ago, Olaf said:

yeah mate, on the previous page :)

Haha. Sorry and thanks. Such glorious boxy goodness. 

not at all!  the 850 is *all curves*, cleverly designed to look like it's boxy, carrying on the familial identity.  with a cD of 0.32, it's gotta be curvaceous!  :)

• Like 1

Who knew we had a Volvo thread 😂😂

Does anyone know anything about 2005+ V70s? Looking at one as the Mrs is pregnant so will need something safe and roomy. They seem alright and fit the budget

On 11/7/2017 at 3:30 PM, Gaz said:

Does anyone know anything about 2005+ V70s? Looking at one as the Mrs is pregnant so will need something safe and roomy. They seem alright and fit the budget

Hiya Gaz, sorry I'd not seen your question earlier.

2005+ - should be a comfortable, safe swedish battle tank!  Your family is much better off in that than a Mazda MPV.   You'll find it a little different to work on than BMW, though not particularly difficult.  Plenty of support via forums in the US and UK.  I'm pretty sure the running gear is essentially the same basic kit as the P80 (850/V70) and later P2 platform.  P3 platform is shared with Mondeo etc.

Congratulations on your impending fatherhood.  Nothing will ever be the same again!  Though, in a good way. 

since last update, it went for the WoF.  It failed on a broken fog lamp, which turned out to be a bit of a hassle... I ended up sourcing one brand new from ebay from USA for USA40.  And it needed left hand LCA bushings.  That's why it had been pulling to the left under braking!  For the last TWO YEARS.  Nice one VTNZ, you were on your 'a game' for the last three WoF's, eh?!

More on the LCA's - I'd replaced them five or six years ago (so only about 25k kms at most) with Meyle HD parts.  Odd that they'd died already.  Anyway, my partner in volvo crime had a set of genuine volvo bushes in his parts stash, so we had those fitted.  Job done.

It's now had a coat of wax, and is going up FOR SALE.  It's looking spiffy, running well.  

20170710-DSC_3071_LR_1200_72dpi.jpg

• Like 1

On 11/7/2017 at 3:30 PM, Gaz said:

As much as I like the earlier Volvos. the latter ones are pretty crappy, we drove a number including the V70 and XC 70 /XC 90 and dismissed them because they were underpowered and drove like a toyota on flat tyres.  want room buy an E39 or E60 same real level of safety - alternative suck it in and buy a Mondeo - same safety capability and alsost as much room as the V70 but drives a LOT better 

15 hours ago, 3pedals said:

As much as I like the earlier Volvos. the latter ones are pretty crappy, we drove a number including the V70 and XC 70 /XC 90 and dismissed them because they were underpowered and drove like a toyota on flat tyres.  want room buy an E39 or E60 same real level of safety - alternative suck it in and buy a Mondeo - same safety capability and alsost as much room as the V70 but drives a LOT better 

Funnily enough we went out and bought a 2008 Mondeo, seemed like a better car and so far so good

39 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Funnily enough we went out and bought a 2008 Mondeo, seemed like a better car and so far so good

Good call!! :)   Until it's worn out, it'll give you better (more reliable) service at a lower cost.