Sign in to follow this  
bravo

Northland Floods

Water has receeded now. Looks sort of back to normal except for the damage to property, roads, bridges and boats. We have a boat in our shed now that was hit by several others. Transom is pulled off a little bit, two holes in the side, cabin sides cracked, rubbing strips all stripped off, auxiliary outboard ripped off.

We got off more or less scot free - our dam survived the watre flowing over the top and everything has dried out - others not so fortunate.

Awesome pics will - I didn't have my camera when I was on the road, so alwthough I too did some serious 4 wheeling to get around, I have no pics. The one of Alley's parking lot is where I got stranded and had to turn back - someone in a 4x4 similar to mine tried to cross the flooding and had to stop when the water was up to the bottom of his windows. Someone tied a rope to his vehicle and winched him through

150year return storm someone said yesterday!

Edited by bravo

You don't need to be elevated to have a roof.

No sh*t, He didnt state how it was flooded and i was asking if the roof had collapsed as that seemed like the only logical expliation seeing as where he works is elevated and the water would not get up high enough to reach the doors etc.