Sign in to follow this  
Mavrick

Fog Lamp Film

Just bought some new fogs for my car, questions are what is the best type of film to put on them to prevent them from getting cracked and where can i get it?

The guy at Jeff Grays said that if i took it to novus they could do it for me.....

Car is an 87 m325i.

Cheers Mavrick

Super cheap auto sells some. You cut it to size, then heat up the lights a bit, peel the backing and stick on.

It comes off relatively easy though due to the raised moulded lettering on the lights (f/l - dunno about pre f/l) so somthing like clear silicon shoul be used to glue them on - looks like factory. The film sticks to headlights fine no silicon needed.

Will has actually cut small perspex covers and screwed them on to the valance above the lights - looks very good and no gluing.

I put that stick on stuff on my 'vert which has the same fogs as yours. Both broke after it was installed and it kept coming loose, even after sticking with silicone and even after I ground all the raised letters flat. Had the same trouble with Alley's F/L fogs, the stuff came loose all the time, used silicone too and ground the letters flat. So I have given up with that stuff, waste of time on fogs imo.. but seems to stick well on headlights, can't work out why..??

I have made some plastic covers as Graham said, they work great. In your case you cut them out the same size as the outer black plastic retaining frame and screw them on using the existing 2 retaining screw points making sure they are spaced clear of the glass behind them, mine is about 1mm clear. You don't actually notice them unless you look carefully.

Will: Would you be able to post a pic of the plastic covers you made?

Im not putting my brand new fogs on without some protection over them...

Cheers Mavrick