Sign in to follow this  
bimmer boy

My leather restoration

So I got a bit bored today and thought I’d go on a hunt for some stuff to try and fix the leather a bit more… I found some pretty good stuff and was cheap as chips, wasn’t especially for car leather but it seemed to recolour it well and it actually feels much more softer although the interior now smells like shoes..

Before:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

During:

Posted Image

After:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

sh*t boy, lookin GOOD! what did you use???

Dayum - I should have done that and added $500 to the asking price. Good sh*t ryan - what product is it?

Its called Waproo its a coloured shoe cream. It was like $7 i think for a 50g jar, I got it in Navy, I think they just have the basic colours.. Black, White, Navy and Tan and proberbly Dark brown... Not that people have leather in any other colours than those but can maybe prove difficult if you have an obscure shade.

looks real good man. Do you reckon theres any chance of people getting off your seats with Navy blue clothes, or does it seem to stick pretty well?

Also do you think it they'd have grey, i cant imagine anyone having grey leather shoes these days, i would f my car up doing that with navy

Mike - No colouring should come off aslong as it has been buffed up after its dried but to be sure I wont be wearing white for a while, and also want to see how long it lasts as it seems to have worked too well for something so cheap and easy to do!

They might have grey, If need be i can go back ot the store and have a look

Guest Denny Crane

Hahaha this is exactly what I did to my back seat (which looks mint fyi), except I used Kiwi polish. Doesn't come off on clothes either.

Mike - No colouring should come off aslong as it has been buffed up after its dried but to be sure I wont be wearing white for a while, and also want to see how long it lasts as it seems to have worked too well for something so cheap and easy to do!

They might have grey, If need be i can go back ot the store and have a look

Sweet i dont mind having a look myself, I work in town but travel around abit.

Whereabouts was it? it looks so great!

Cheers

Its at the key cutting place in Lynn Mall called Mint.

But I see it all the time at similar places at St. Lukes

Edited by RJS

Not leather related really but here is my before and after of my parcel try, came out pretty decent, much better than what it was thats for sure!

And proberbly only took a hour all up nice cheap and effective thing to do to a E30 parcel shelf because most of them I see are sh*t

post-29-1175821665_thumb.jpg

post-29-1175821727_thumb.jpg

Of course not! The olds' two-three has leather. And its looking like pooooos. So can we get it from Superhceap? :)

So hows it looking now ryan??

Im about to do the same but would love to know if there were any problems after time. Thanks !

i just did the same thing today came out mint

especially the back seats

post-2925-1207286251_thumb.jpg

Edited by tune

are they prelude or corolla backs??

Awesome!! Your seats look so good!! Ive been trying to get around and look for a place to restore my tan colour seats. But now I can just do it the budget way! :) Is there any luck in finding that product around Botany area. Did you get it from a shoe store?

Edited by BMA316iCHICK