Sign in to follow this  
greenday-rulz21

Vista with iTunes and Firefox

Hey guys,

Does anyone know if iTunes and Mozilla Firefox work with Windows Vista??

Cause on the iTunes download webpage it only says 2000 or XP :wacko:

Thanks

im sure itunes does, dunno about mozilla..are you buying vista or a whole new pc?

itunes rapes you.

im sure itunes does, dunno about mozilla..are you buying vista or a whole new pc?

Upgrading to a new Dell notebook, so getting Vista.

Not much point getting XP on a new computer.

Does anyone know if iTunes and Mozilla Firefox work with Windows Vista??

Firefox definitely, and iTunes I'm fairly certain of.

itunes rapes you.

Has services constantly running, hogging memory.

The point of them is to speed up the recognition of the iPod when you first plug it in, and to speed up the loading of iTunes.

Problem is for the most part you are not using your computer primarily for your iPod so these services just drain your performance.

Not much point getting XP on a new computer.

Exactly. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. You'll just end up forking out the full bill for a new copy of Vista later down the track.

Download and run the vista compatibility software. It will tell you a yes/no for everything you have installed on your machine.

Download and run the vista compatibility software. It will tell you a yes/no for everything you have installed on your machine.

Do you know where to get that Martyn??

And thanks walker for your comments, but i'm a dedicated iTunes fan. Much easier to use than Windows Media Player, much easier to organise your music and videos, a better video player and also the layout is so much eaier to navigate. But not a Mac fan, not sure why. Like the design of the notebooks but dont like at all the design of the desktops or the operating system. Sure my veiw will be swayed in the future.

Edited by Nick021

ok i used a mac for the first time a week ago, and in 20 mins i had it sussed out how to used quickly, and new it had heaps of tricks still under its lid, i like them!!

ive started using WMP11 as itunes i noticed has a skipping bug and wmp isnt as good but im getting used to it- best feature would be it can sync with heaps of other devices like my pda and mp3 player..

itunes still kicks ass for simplicity

Guest Denny Crane

The skipping bug has been fixed, update the softare to 7.1.1

If using iTunes, you should encode using either .ogg or .m4a - both a vastly superior to .mp3, but still not a patch on a raw .wav obviously.

Yea, the skipping has been fixed but I never found it that bad really.

Found a vista compatibility test, downloaded it and downloaded this other program it needed to run but when I tried to install it I didn't have enough disk space. S**T!!!

So I guess thats why I need a new laptop!