Sign in to follow this  
StylesM5

1988 325i 4 Door Manual Diamondswartz

Car is now finished since Gus had it. All hammer dents removed and nuts tightened up!! (Just joking).

1988 325i 5 spd

Mtech 2 kit

Diamondschwartz

Done about 190,000 km, Gus put a 240km/h speedo in it

New Thermostat a year ago

New waterpump a year ago

<2 year old clutch

All tyres have heaps of tread

Jamex 40mm lowering springs

Bilsteins in front, shagged Bilsteins that can be re kitted are in the boot. Pretty good shocks on it now though.

ABS

Power steering

All electric windows and sunroof

Shadowlined

Personalised NZ europlate "88 325"

Ellipsoids

Mint fogs (no cracks!)

Recaro's

Smoked indicators/side markers

Black headliner

MTech one steering wheel

WoF till August, Reg ran out in Feb, but will be renewed to August for new owner.

New battery 6 months ago.

Blaupunkt 4 x 40w single Disk CD and 6" speakers in rear, standard 4" in front. Looks really good, sounds so, so. Could do with an amp and sub.

New Tie rod end, lower ball joint etc etc.

14" Basket weaves, so you're free to do whatever you want.

Engine had a bottom end rebuild before Gus got it...goes really well. Pulls like Gus does!

Zuast note is to die for (what really sold me the car)

Compression test comes up good (+-5psi)

Could do with the tappets tightening, but planning to do that soon anyway.

Starting at $1 New link http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=97567278

PM me or call Jock on 0272 511 843

post-125-1175494828_thumb.jpg

post-125-1175494864_thumb.jpg

post-125-1175494895_thumb.jpg

post-125-1175494922_thumb.jpg

Edited by StylesM5

PM'd

Edited by bravo

Guys

Am I dreaming at this price? I have had very little interest, but one serious offer a couple of $k less than what I am looking for.

Due to the prospect of having to pay $42,000 for my next course of chemotherapy, it has to go. Bloody Pharmac does not cover the cost of this one. Please be brutally honest if you think I'm asking too much.

PS, any donations to the chemo cause gratefully accepted. I'm past worrying about being a charity case. I've fought this f**ker for 27 years now and I'm not about to give up. I love my family and life too much for that. PM me.

Cheers, Jock

i think its about right, knowing the car..there aint that many mtech 2 door black 325 manuals around..all good things

good luck with sale jock! hopefully a local will snap it up and see it go to a good home

i think its about right, knowing the car..there aint that many mtech 2 door black 325 manuals around..all good things

good luck with sale jock! hopefully a local will snap it up and see it go to a good home

Cheers Gus, it's actually a 4 door though. :rolleyes:

Actually just had it out for a run and I'm starting to wonder if I've got rocks in my head! It's so intoxicating. I had my brotherr with me and he reckons it's going better than his old 325 which wasn't a slouch. Heaps of torque low down.

Edited by StylesM5

Ok all, the car didn't sell on Tard Me last week at $5.5k reserve or $6k buy now. Had over 60 watchers though.

I've contacted (or tried to) those who made contact during the auction and there are no biters. Later this week it goes on Tard Me at $1 reserve..... yes $1 reserve, you heard (or read) right.

This is your last chance at $5k, no offers. It goes on Tard Me on Friday, $1 reserve.

Please don't waste my time asking for a test drive and not showing up, and don't offer me less than $5k. Grrrrrrr. If you want it, ring me, make a time to drive it, and if you want it pay the cash. No swaps, I need the money.

Here's more photos too.

Cheers, Jock. (I'm actually a really nice guy, just frightening off the wankers out there) ;)

0272 511 843

post-125-1177315165_thumb.jpg

post-125-1177315204_thumb.jpg

post-125-1177315245_thumb.jpg

post-125-1177315286_thumb.jpg

Edited by StylesM5

Jared - buy this

I've got my eye on it!

my little bros looking at buying this

hes 15 and just got his restricted, what do u guys reckon?

mabe hes better 2 start with something a bit smaller

Will be fine if he's sensible. Sensible and 15 may be an oxymoron though. WOuld hate to see him put such a fine example into a tree.

You can get into trouble in any car irrelevant of power etc. My first and only real fright I've had in a car was at the age of 15 in my mothers 60 Hp Triumph Herald. I found the limitations of the rear suspension, and although I got it on two wheels, thankfully it didn't get the shiny side down!

The 325 is an ideal car in my opinion, a good mixture of quality build with adequate levels of power, torque and good handling. I actually intended to keep it for my kids when they start driving in a few years, but medical issues have forced a rethink on that.

In the right hands and with the right driver training, I think it's ideal, but I am trying to sell it. ;)

Please phone me for a test drive. I am a very approachable bloke and happy for the right people to have a look. Don't bid without trying first. I'm amazed no-one has test driven it, yet there are two bids.

Cheers, Jock

Edited by StylesM5

where abouts are you from if we test drive it?

where abouts are you from if we test drive it?

Takapuna, Auckland. Give me a call 0272 511 843.

Cheers, Jock

Takapuna, Auckland. Give me a call 0272 511 843.

Cheers, Jock

Same ! Havent seen the e30 round tho?

Same ! Havent seen the e30 round tho?

You're more likely to see me in a silver Territory with a huge PROJECTMAX down the side of it. The E30 tends to come out more in the weekends. Part of the reason for selling it, not enough use.

Will be gone Wednesday though. Get in quick!

Ive seen both the territory and the e30 in takapuna... Who ever gets this e30 is buying an absolute minter! I would definitely be buying this if i had the available funds at the moment!

Goodluck with the auction!!

Ive seen both the territory and the e30 in takapuna... Who ever gets this e30 is buying an absolute minter! I would definitely be buying this if i had the available funds at the moment!

Goodluck with the auction!!

Thanks mate, appreciate the ups. Cut me up or something next time you see me to say gidday! :rolleyes:

Just a reminder to all that it closes tonight, sitting at $3600 as we speak..... and it is for sale at that price.

Cheers, Jock

Hi, if it doesnt work out with the guy, we'll give you $4900 cash {stoney batter)

cheers

Hi, if it doesnt work out with the guy, we'll give you $4900 cash {stoney batter)

cheers

Cheers mate, both you and Cale {Quail} have both been in touch since the auction closed. The buyer hasn't yet though! Might have to go to another little auction on here if it falls through. ;) Will keep in touch.

Cheers, Jock

Edited by StylesM5

Still no reply from the highest bidder/buyer nearly 24 hours later. Might be back up for sale yet chaps <_<

Still no reply from the highest bidder/buyer nearly 24 hours later. Might be back up for sale yet chaps <_<

Do you mind if we give you a ring about it, really interested in car