Sign in to follow this  
jjs

BMW E23 745i Turbo...

Spotted this on eBay in Australia...

eBay

Is there such a thing, built from the factory?

Guest Denny Crane

Yes.

Engine code was M102 - a turbo'd 3.5L, with turbochargers of the time taking a a rating of 1 litre (especially for racing classes of the time)

Never were any RHD versions - so i'd be wary of this particular car, as the turbo was mounted right where the steering column would be.

Also of note was that SA got an ///M 745i - fitted with the M88 engine out of the M1 and the original M5. Brent came into possession of one, but I believe he, ahem, raped and murdered it?

http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index....rent+hartge535i"

Also of note was that SA got an ///M 745i - fitted with the M88 engine out of the M1 and the original M5. Brent came into possession of one, but I believe he, ahem, raped and murdered it?"

havn't killed it yet , yes I have very rare RHD 85 M745i with M88 (M5, M6 engine in it, thats where they should be anyway ).

have sold body shell to a happy owner who already has one of these cars and others, he will be fitting a bmw v8, v12 or something to make interesting or maybe just the std 3.5l bmw engine (which suits the car better anyway).

yes the turbo'ed M745i was only LHD , they couldn't be bothered trying to fit the turbo plumbing around the steering box etc so they just plonked the M88 twincam engine in it , M745 its a 3.5L unit with same power as a 4.5L engine hence the model name .

but problem with this car , is most of them were fitted with the 4 spd auto , with the very long first gear and a engine that develops its torque further up the rev range , so its slow off the line untill it winds up past 4000rpm then takes off ,. only about 5or 10 where made manual , and they had the dog leg close ratio box in them which knocked 2 secs off the 0-100km/h time .

Edited by Brent HARTGE535i

Very interesting....

All the journalists who claim the new 335i coupe is the firt turbocharged BMW since the 2002 must be wrong!

Very interesting....

All the journalists who claim the new 335i coupe is the firt turbocharged BMW since the 2002 must be wrong!

yep they are wrong all right .

never seen a turbo RHD one though

Very interesting....