Sign in to follow this  
jjs

Bel radar detectors

Looking to buy a radar detector. I have been recommended Bel. I have been looking at the RX65, but also see the RX55 (which is quite a bit cheaper).

Has anyone had experience with these detectors? Or can you tell me the difference between the two models?

thanks

dont speed or be dodgy, will eliminate need for one ;) haha bel arent to bad, friend of mine had one, picked a cop up a mile away.

Bel are one of the best brands out there for detectors. Arguably the best big brand (ok - the Valentine is probably the best, but it's not a big brand, but is big $$).

I've used many different types over the years and would never go back to them since using Bel.

Although.....my latest unit(s) has broken down twice in the last 2 years. But Bel replaced the unit with no hassles both times, within 24 hours of my reporting the fault.

Edited by Biff

We tested both V1 & Bell next to each other to see which was best:

The Bell picked a little more junk than the V1 (shopping doors etc)

Speed Camera Vans hidden in little coves - the V1 kicked ass here

Overall we thought the V1 was best, picked up cops with more warning than Bell.

V1 also has a counter that tells you how many cops are around and arrows to show which direction they are in.

I would go V1 Valentine if money is not a problem, Bell would be second choice

yea thats what my mates had, all sorts of indicators, and sure enough the cops were everywhere it said they were.. if that makes sense lol.

Apparently the Bel STI driver is serious competition for the V1 in terms of ability. Costs more too.

rx65 is old news dude...go the sti ( i think maybe called xr in nz?) or else the V1 if you want direction arrows.

this thread has been covered before (or similar) so best solution is simply to use your head and take it easy the majority of the time..radars have always made me slow down for some reason.

RX65 should now be classed as best bang for buck, its come down alot in price since the newer models have come out.

I bought one about a year ago, best investment I ever made - and no, I don't drive like a farking idiot to have the need for one.