Sign in to follow this  
AdeV

Tiptronic Gearbox

I've recently bought a 1998 E39 5281 with a tiptronic gearbox. The car is in excellent condition with 60K miles on the clock and a full BMW dealer service history. The only problem that I've got is a harsh change down at low speeds on the tiptronic - between 40mph to 20mph. Anyone experienced the same issue, have any suggestions or is this a trait of tiptronic gearboxes ?? I'd appreciate your advice/suggestions.

rgds, AdeV

I've recently bought a 1998 E39 5281 with a tiptronic gearbox. The car is in excellent condition with 60K miles on the clock and a full BMW dealer service history. The only problem that I've got is a harsh change down at low speeds on the tiptronic - between 40mph to 20mph. Anyone experienced the same issue, have any suggestions or is this a trait of tiptronic gearboxes ?? I'd appreciate your advice/suggestions.

rgds, AdeV

You don't have tiptronic, you have steptronic

Only Porsches have tiptronic :-)

You might be due for a gearbox fluid change - get this done by a BMW workshop, the fluid is very special

Jochen

Its started with mine ... Im due for my gearbox service though. Simple fluid change at BM workshop / BMW