Sign in to follow this  
Maccin

God HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!&#

Hey guys,

Having some major trouble with my central locking system, after sum rain over the last few days here in Christchurch my facelift E30 has decided it no longer wants to let me in!!! the only way i am still able to get in is via my passenger door which is not hooked up to the central locking system. All other doors including the boot now seem dead locked as my key refuses to be of any use.

I have so far pulled out my central locking unit, but from what i can tell its still seems to be working, i.e it makes a clicking noise.

Could someone please be so kind as to giving me some advice, any help is much appreciated.

Ive got some expensive gear in my boot that i need to get out!!!!

lol mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Can you not open any of the other doors? Even from the inside??

V strange... <_<

Hey

No i can't open any of the doors even from the inside, only the passenger door which is not hooked up to the central locking system.

Cheers

sounds like the dead lock is on ,

when you turn the drivers door lock 90deg left it puts a dead lock on .

maybe locks out of sync or one of locks isn't working so it wont let you lock the doors unless you force it into dead lock mode . locks just bounce back up if you try to lock normally .

fix the left door and it all might work

No i don't think it is the dead lock, that was the first thing i checked as i have used it in the past. As for fixing the front left door, i can't see how that would help my problem,it hasn't been going for the last 4 years lol. Not really sure about the out of sync locks though, could this be my problem??

Thanks for the help.

Note: the locking problem occurred after nights of rain

it'll be a pain to get to without opening your drivers door but .. undo the drivers side kick panel and pull out the central locking control module, disconnect it and attempt to then open the drivers door.

A common problem is that the electrical connection between the car and the door gets water in it and corrodes the contacts etc which kills the central locking, only way to get to the plug is by opening the drivers door.

when the central locking fails it is known to do funny things like freeze all the doors locked.

good luck

If you can't open the doors even from the inside, it means that your deadlock system has activated.

It is possible that the control module has failed and activated the deadlock but that would not normally affect the driver's door from what I can remember, only the 'slave' doors.

I would suspect the door lock mechanism has failed rather than the module. To get to it, you will need to remove the drivers door panel and remove the lock from the inside, which is not difficult, you just have to remove the 'U' retaining clip. The deadlock mechanism can break (has a lever and spring that fails), resulting in a siezed system. I have had several do this.

Will

Hey Will thanks for the advice there, i think you might be bang on!

OK so i removed the door panel, then undone a couple of screws that were holding on the lock mechanism on? this then allowed me to unlock my drivers door!!! however my boot and other doors remain frozen. Im not sure what to do from here and not sure what the "U" clip was all about, Sorry if im not quiet up with the play :unsure: , but could you kindly abbreviate a little more :)

Thanks again

:D

What you have removed is the electric locking solenoid.

There is a U shaped plate that holds the actual key lock mechanism onto the door. You will need to reach up into the door and remove this U plate in order to remove the lock mechanism.

This mechanism triggers an electrical contact which activates the dead lock mechanism, so removing it should release the deadlock. You can also disconnect the plug in the door to this switch which should also release the deadlock. If it doesn't release it, you have a problem with your central lock module.

I will try to find a loose lock mechanism and U plate and post a pic up for you to show you what a complete working one should look like.

Will

edit.. found mechanism, the arrow points to the spring that is part of the deadlock mechanism. This breaks off and stops the mechanism releasing or working. The U plate is next to the mechanism. I use a long screwdriver through one of the holes in the door frame to prise it loose.

Edited by gomtorr

Hi thanks again there Will.

OK so after a bit of fiddling round, i manage to pull apart my whole locking system in the drivers door! mission it was to get back in though!, anyway i removed the Uclip etc and checked the spring all seemed to be working fine and when i disconnected everything and pulled it all apart it still wouldn't let me into any of my other doors or boot <_<

From what you were saying it seems like it must be the CLU then? however i was im wondering if perhaps the electric locking solenoid could be the source of my problem?? it certainly isnt working properly as it has to be unscrewed for me to be able to open my drivers door :unsure:

Cheers

Mckenzie