Sign in to follow this  
curryinahurry

Fuel Preference?

As the title. Just want to see what fuel you guys uses and on ur bimmer and get the best milage :-)

Should probably post your car and your Litres/ 100 k as well.

cheers,

Runs on 91 just as good but doesn't starts so good in the cold so stick with 95, don't notice a difference between 95 and 98

98, notice a difference dropping to 95..

As the title. Just want to see what fuel you guys uses and on ur bimmer and get the best milage :-)

Should probably post your car and your Litres/ 100 k as well.

cheers,

97 BMW 320i Auto

I run BP Premium 98 Octane - its the only 98 Octane in the South Island I believe.

I get around 450k a tank round town, 650k traveling. - I think thats right, its been a while since I've checked.

65L tank I think.

I figure $3.25 extra a tank over 95 is peanuts.

91 Octane feels noticeably sluggish.

Watch this site for prices if you care http://www.pricewatch.co.nz/

I try to get 98 where possible but

minimum of 95 for me and all the cars in the family.

Like walker said, few dollars per tank extra is peanuts for the extra performance/fuel economy.

I too feel some difference in dropping to 91.

97 BMW 320i Auto

I run BP Premium 98 Octane - its the only 98 Octane in the South Island I believe.

I get around 450k a tank round town, 650k traveling. - I think thats right, its been a while since I've checked.

Interesting to hear you say that. I get pretty much the same, though more like 400 round town & 700 out on the strip. Have used 98 only for the past few fills, don't notice any perf. difference but I reckon the engine likes it better so why not. 97 328 coupe.

BP 98, because I shop at New World and get 15 cents a litre off my petrol at BP, 95 seems to do the same, though I'm usually listening to Phil Collins too loud to tell what the engine is doing. Never tried putting 91 in, probably wouldn't, M40s don't like being treated anything but perfectly if you expect long service!

E39 540

BP Ultimate 98

Town driving (Christchurch) about 16-18 litres / 100km

Usually do 400-420k per fill

BP 98

I feel a big difference in the engine when I use 95 (which is never these days).

91 in the ol 535,sometimes will go 95,95 feels nicer and marginally more economical 550 ks per tank about 62 litres normal fill that s 11.2 per 100.pretty easy driving buts lots of traffic lights,so accellerate to 100 ks,then stop.Accellerate to 100 ks then stop....nice when you get a good run.If i lived on the flat my average would be in the 10-11L per 100 km

1989 320i -- 98 Octane BP, only at the big busy stations, not the small ones.