Sign in to follow this  
KiwiAlpina

LSD Diff Oil

Hi all,

can anybody tell me what olil to use in the LSD on my old girl. BMW say Castrol SAF-XJ 75-140. This stuff dammed expensive and having real trouble finding someone who has it. Can i use anything else or must use what BMW hype says.

Cheers

Hi all,

can anybody tell me what olil to use in the LSD on my old girl. BMW say Castrol SAF-XJ 75-140. This stuff dammed expensive and having real trouble finding someone who has it. Can i use anything else or must use what BMW hype says.

Cheers

We use ELF Synthese 75W90 LSD....it's a full synthetic....not cheap either

I use Redline 75W90 gear oil... synthetic too....25$ litre BnT

If you don't buy Redline oil (which is very good btw ) another good fully synthetic oil is Ams Oil it comes in a massive variety of weights and types for different applications. If you know what grade to get it should be easy to find the correct oil. And the Ams oil is also fully synthetic. However it may not be any cheaper than the Castrol oil which is reccomended.

this probably didn't help but its another option

I really like Penrite oils. They're an Australian company and their products stack up very well. I think they are very good value for money too.

Check out www.penrite.com.au and they will put you in touch with the rep, or I believe Pioneer auto parts stock their better products. Some products are sold at Supercheap auto.

Good luck!

just go to a bmw dealer with a bottle and buy the exact ammount you need.Better some $ for teh oil now than no worky LSD later