Sign in to follow this  
a13antichrist

Stock Depos vs P39?

So there's a Group Buy on Bimmerforums for these Umnitza P39 AEs (which I understand are mods of the DEPOs anyway), incl all bulbs, etc, for $399 + 99 shipping to NZ, which makes it 675 in NZ$. No levelling motors. Then there's these things on TM, guy's asking 750 + 75 shipping from Aus, says they're DEPOs & have the levelling motors. (I'm yet to figure out what the levelling motors actually do - I didn't know early E39s had the adaptive headlights which is the only thing I can think of...)

So, questions are:

- Are the TM ones even any good?

- Is that a good price?

- Are the P39 so much better that even without the levelling motors theyh're a much better buy?

- And how exactly are they different?

Yeah I've got a lot to learn about E39s, heheh.

what about the LHD vs RHD factor?

Levellling motors make small adjustments to the aim of the headlights,so that if you have rear seat passengers you go to postion 1,and if you have rear seat passengers and a boot full of luggageyou go to position 2.Each postion aims the headlights slightly lower.Next time you park at night,if you are close to a wall or fence give it a try,you will see the hotspot move up and down slightly

Xenon units are available also with this deal, angle eyes.They were trying for the units with self levelers in them if they got the numbers, at last look the list was at 45 people. Xenons work out about US $675.00 or $909 NZ roughly.

How did you come up with the $99 shipping bit I was quoted $124 US, I smell something fishy. They are dealing with a crowd called Umnitza. They have a front few other deals going M-tech/M5 front and rear bumpers try

bimmerforum.com and all the www bits.

Had a look at this site also www.eurosportdesign.com when checking out various types of lights.The Hella lights

Priced out at US $639 Headlights with the Halogen bulbs and angle eyes for a pair.

US $1329.00 for the upgrade to Xenon from Halogen.with clear corners,self level, total package.

US $919.00 for the Xenon with clear corners/self level etc.

An additional cost as it's right hand drive plus shipping.l

Celis LED tail lights $359.00 US

Side marker lense US$40.00 a pair.

Was quoted from Eurosports US$1990 for a total light upgrade,that was Xenons, Celis LED tails and side marker all clear, included shipping. Thats about $2686.00 NZ roughly

In both cases they say it is all plug and play.Sorry for being a little sceptical but so far anything I've had to do on a beamer has been far from plug and play.

You'll need to do brendons and my mod to the masking plate inside the projector housing to make it legal for NZ roads ... otherwise you won't pass your warrents due to the US sidewalk flare flooding right instead of left.

Will post the write up in the coming week