Sign in to follow this  
otagomed

My first ever 'broken into'

Got my 1999 BMW 328i about a month ago.

Used to drive 94 Honda Integra 1.6 sedan and never worried about car thieves.

I am living in Levin for 3 years but visited my parents in Blockhouse bay, Auckland and this happened last night.

Nothing valuable was left in my car and so nothing was stolen. There were 5 cars and only two were broken into.

Anyway, I'm thinking of installing an alarm. Will it help to prevent my car being broken into in future? Any recommendations?

Should I report it to police just to let them know? (I know that they won't do much)

My mother's car was broken into as well few months ago and it seems that it's very common around here.

Nothing was stolen and my insurance is covering the cost but feels so stink!

Next time I am definitely flying up to Auckland!

Tell the polise even just to have them file the report - your insurance company may require it later on.

Dynatron and Mongoose make good alarms. If you get a 4 or 5 star you get a discount on your insurance and it will deter thieves to some extent.

if they want it then your f**ked regardless

alarms only deter noobs

then even a smash and grab can never be stopped.

either way your still f**ked. just how f**ked depends on what you do to make it harder for the cuntfaces..

i had my locks removed no key holes anywhere, immobilisers, window graphics advising alarm (not stickers from actual alarm brand however) and a decent alarm..

still got broken into once by a noob, found no locks to ram his screwdriver into.... so he decided to try his luck at prying the entire door handle off... f**ken noob.. when that didnt work had to smash a window, and the windows are f**ken big make a hell of a noise and a good mess attracting attention... the nob then tried to bail but got his rego...

anyways we all get f**ked at sometime even theives haha.. i win

the nob then tried to bail but got his rego...

anyways we all get f**ked at sometime even theives haha.. i win

I take it he got an all expenses paid visit...I need one of those security monkeys Edited by Carl

I take it he got an all expenses paid visit...I need one of those security monkeys

i dunno i always forget the details...