Sign in to follow this  
jjs

German Plates - NZ Euro Replicas

I've got the Euro Style Blue Plate - only big difference is the 0, NZ plate has a line through it, this has a small break in the upper top right of the 0.

Any cop that does you for an illegal plate is just being an officious dick. Does anyone know where is it stated that plate must be a legal one, and what comes under the term a legal plate. For a Euro plate to be illegal they have to have a diffination of a legal plate. Where is it?

What law was broken when the cops wrote out the ticket?

Anyone tried raising it with the AA? Automotive News?

Edited by jimbo

There have been many threads around the euro/german plates. There is one that has all the LTSA info on what you are allowed etc.

Sam, yes got done for the black ones at Wellsford on Wednesday on the way up to Whangerei. Also got $200 for blacked out tail lights. I really couldnt give 2 shits. After all, ill probably never see the same officer again.

Ive been pulled up before and had no troubles. Basically got done because they had a VTNZ inspector at the checkpoint.

And i quote the cops statement 'I felt my pockets filling up when you were driving towards us'

Pity they couldnt do me for anything else (even though I bet they wish they could have)

Edit: sorry, Sams bro lol

Edited by Jake The Muss