Sign in to follow this  
Shorty

Shorty's E36 coupe

Hey everyone, I finally took some quick pics of my car, now that it is manual and I have fixed the fabric on my door panels.

I have retrimmed the door panels with black fabric. My dad converted it to manual so its so much more fun to drive. and the other major problem I had with it was the fact that the cat converter in it had no baffel inside it, so it sounded horrible, so dad made up a new exhaust system for me, it now has no cat and a coby middle muffler and a cooper at the rear with a twin tip, sounds soooooo much better. Since I put the twin tip on i needed to change the rear valance of the m3 bumper to a 6cyl one so the hole was bigger. When I first got it I put the 18's on it, and I had a 15" sub in the boot, which has now been replaced by two 12"s, I have an alpine headdeck, JVC components at the rear and pioneer components at the front. I originally tinted the windows myself but they didn't pass the warrent so I got the two front windows and the rear screen done and just left the two rears as they were. All that I want to do now is get hold of an M3 Evo 2 piece spoiler.

Hope you enjoy the pics.

comments are welcomed... can anyone think of anything else that needs to be done??

post-180-1179047793_thumb.jpg

post-180-1179047806_thumb.jpg

post-180-1179047816_thumb.jpg

post-180-1179047825_thumb.jpg

post-180-1179047843_thumb.jpg

post-180-1179047859_thumb.jpg

post-180-1179047871_thumb.jpg

post-180-1179047886_thumb.jpg

post-180-1179047899_thumb.jpg

post-180-1179047913_thumb.jpg

post-180-1179047927_thumb.jpg

post-180-1179047938_thumb.jpg

post-180-1179047951_thumb.jpg

post-180-1179048313_thumb.jpg

Guest Denny Crane

Very nice.

Only thing I don't like is the corner indicators.

I like it, same as above, not really feeling the indicators. Otherwise it looks really nice! I guess you could complete the look with some Euro plates, GT splitters, LTW wing.

Btw, what % of tint is allowed on the rear windows?

Yo Shorty,

Da car's lookin Supa Dupa Fly.... The indicators are mean, go perfect with the headlights, I'm feeling the black background.

Pimpalicious baby!!

oh snap thats hot, whats it lowered on? im liken the mags. not feeling the indicators tho. smoked OEM clears would look better IMO

I like it, same as above, not really feeling the indicators. Otherwise it looks really nice! I guess you could complete the look with some Euro plates, GT splitters, LTW wing.

I would love Euro plates, i wanted a personalised one that said shorty but thats obviously long gone as are most variations, also being a student i cant justify spending that kind of money on a plate but oneday when im not studying its definitly on the cards. I will look in to the splitters and wing. I was also thinking of the rear spoiler that goes at the top of the rear screen, but thats the least of my worries.

About the tint % i have 20% on my rear windows, when the car is checked on the inside with a light meter it should be 35% so I should not have the 20%'s on my rear windows but I'm to sore pocket wise to replace them, if it fails the next warrent I will rectify it but at the moment it doesn't seem to be a problem.

I know most people don't like the indicators, at first i wasn't sure whether to put them on but since I couldn't get hold of a standard clear one at the time of getting my black coupe on the road, I just stole the ones off one of dads cars but he wanted them back to help sell the car. I think they are better then the chrome backed ones, especially when they were on my 325

Yo Shorty,

Da car's lookin Supa Dupa Fly.... The indicators are mean, go perfect with the headlights, I'm feeling the black background.

Pimpalicious baby!!

Thats why i didn't get the chrome look ones, black is where its at

oh snap thats hot, whats it lowered on? im liken the mags. not feeling the indicators tho. smoked OEM clears would look better IMO

I managed to score some super low bilstein springs off trade me. its got standar shocks though = bottoms out too much they are too soft, but it looks nice. I wanted the mags since i had my E30

mean nice ride where abouts did u take the pics looks like a mean background

Very nice.

Only thing I don't like is the corner indicators.

2nd that :-)

On a side note.. where to get the bimmerforum sticker?

Looks like tha mutha F#*in Projects!! That's a *****'s spot !!

...South Central, where da mad bomba's at...

nice mate.

also www.germanplates.com. if you go to special deals you can get a set for US$39.95

Looks like tha mutha F#*in Projects!! That's a *****'s spot !!

...South Central, where da mad bomba's at...

yeaah looks like a mean gang spot for onehunga g

The background is on symmonds street. If you take the symmonds street off ramp when you go to town, you will come to a set of lights at the top of it,go straight (over symmonds st) then its the first driveway on the left, its in like a car park, very horrible pot holes in the entrance but if your careful then its all good. I used it as a backdrop to take photos of one of my mates cars and they turned out awesome so I used it for mine :)

nice mate.

also www.germanplates.com. if you go to special deals you can get a set for US$39.95

true I will look into that would love a personalised one though but they are just crazy expensive, considering you can replace a standard one for like $20 (im probably wrong) its probably cheaper then that. But I suppose I could just get mine done on a EURO plate

I been thinking about the GT splitters, they would be awesome, but I think my baby might be too low for them, i would be dramatised if i happened to rip them off on the kerb in a car park, but they would look awesome....I'm going to put more thought into it i think

gt splitters? sweet thanks for that man im prolly gonna take my car there for a shoot when i get a chance

^^^ Dude, shorty is a chick

lol

That is correct :) hence the pink in my signature, all my mates know that that pink is my signature colour - its the same colour as the pink badge on a SUBARU WRX STI :)

Edited by Shorty

The background is on symmonds street. If you take the symmonds street off ramp when you go to town, you will come to a set of lights at the top of it,go straight (over symmonds st) then its the first driveway on the left, its in like a car park, very horrible pot holes in the entrance but if your careful then its all good. I used it as a backdrop to take photos of one of my mates cars and they turned out awesome so I used it for mine :)

[/quote

hahaha i know sum of the guys who did that piece in the back round anyway ur e36 looks awsome gud to see more than just tacky bmws the corner lights arent to bad you have done an awsome job