Sign in to follow this  
*Glenn*

E30 Small case diff... 3.64:1 ratio

Any one got one ???

I've also got a small case 4.44:1 and I'll have the 3.91:1 for sale too if I can get a good 3.64

Cheers

Glenn

Any one got one ???

I've also got a small case 4.44:1 and I'll have the 3.91:1 for sale too if I can get a good 3.64

Cheers

Glenn

Come on guys......someone must have one ??

I have medium case Glenn, nothing small.

Will

I have medium case Glenn, nothing small.

Will

Thanks Will... but that wont work....cant swap the 318 TI axles into it. Circlip and seal positions are wrong and TI's run smaller CV joints on the axles. You can swap them around in E30's because the flange spacings and bolt sizes are the same. 318 TI's are different.....we tried today

I have not ever seen a small case 3.64 Glenn, so good luck. Have to be 3.64?

I have not ever seen a small case 3.64 Glenn, so good luck. Have to be 3.64?

I might have a 3.64 e21 open diff. I believe the ring and pinion can be swapped from that to a small case e30 diff. I need to check on whether I actually have the 3.64 - I've forgotten exactly what I've got, and can't remember if I swapped the 3.64 for a 3.91 or if I still have both.

Either way I've definitely got a 3.64 e21 LSD, but I'd want $$$ for that. PM me with a serious offer for the LSD if that's what you want, and I'll post back here if I can find the 3.64 non LSD.

I might have a 3.64 e21 open diff. I believe the ring and pinion can be swapped from that to a small case e30 diff. I need to check on whether I actually have the 3.64 - I've forgotten exactly what I've got, and can't remember if I swapped the 3.64 for a 3.91 or if I still have both.

Either way I've definitely got a 3.64 e21 LSD, but I'd want $$$ for that. PM me with a serious offer for the LSD if that's what you want, and I'll post back here if I can find the 3.64 non LSD.

OK, I've checked and it seems there is no 3.64 (I must have swapped it) and the "3.91" might actually be a 4.1 (which would explain why I hit the limited in 4th just after the kink at Puke).

I definitely have an e21 3.64 LSD though, as above.

3.64 small case came in the 4 speed manual 316/318 E30`s.

Rare but avaliable.

I dismantled a while ago an 88 320 auto (pre facelift NZ new) which had a 3.64 small open in it, appeared to be factory too, sorry dont still have though.

Any one got one ???

Cheers

Glenn

the tag on my diff says 3.45 if thats any help.

Ive got one out of a early 316 m10 monster, but the spider gears have been welded and then the weld has broken, crown wheel and pinion are still fine though, cracked rear cover also - can be fixed, will part exchange for a good 3.91 med case open if you know of one.