Sign in to follow this  
joshnz

Windscreen banner on E36

Howdy all, just got my windscreen banner today .. I don't wanna f**k it up when I put it on.

Can the wise ones on this forum give me some tips on how to chuck it on without seriously messing it up lol ... chuuurs.

Its going on an E36 so its not going to be a perfect fit like for the E30s on the forum ..

Applying Window Graphics

Step 1: Prepare the Vehicle

Make sure that the outside air temperature is above 5ºC. Pre-warming the car interior during cold weather application will help insure proper adhesion.

Step 2: Prepare the Glass

Clean the outside rear window glass thoroughly with soap and water. Make sure that the glass surface is dry and free of residue before applying. Remember: The pressure sensitive adhesive works best if mounted on VERY CLEAN GLASS.

Step 3: Position and Apply

Warning - do not use a heat gun or water/solution! Rear window graphics must be applied dry! if you find it difficult to line up use masking tape strips to pre-position the image on the vehicle prior to removing the backing material. Carefully peel off adhesive backing from behind the image and apply from one edge and work to the opposite side, smoothing the image to prevent wrinkles.

Step 4: Bond

To help adhesion, leave the disposable backing over the image and rub firmly from the center to the sides of the image. The pressure sensitive adhesive bonds to the glass very well when first applied but will set more firmly after 24 hours. Avoid power car washes for the first week after application. Treat this image as you would the painted surface of your car.

Removal Techniques - The perforated film can be removed by using a thin scraper device. The warmer the outside temperature, the easier the removal will be. If any adhesive residue remains on the glass surface it can be cleaned with any quality commercial glass cleaning liquid or citrus-based adhesive remover.

It helps if you have somebody hold it for you on the other side :)

Start from centre and work your way out on both sides.

You can use water in a spray bottle if you are applying by yourself and worried you may misplace it. But let it dry (approx 1hour) after pressing out the residue before removing the application tape and trimming the top line, also dont get it wet (rain/frost) for 24hours.

In saying this if you apply dry it will be sweet straight away.

Dont clean with solvents as it is a digital print!!! :)

Been to busy to do anything but drive my car to work and back as of late, I'm going to attempt to not cock it up tomorrow - if weather permits.

The back of the decal is the adhesive side ah?  Basically just pull it off and put it on carefully ..?

Where did u put yours mate? front or back? i wanna put one on mine aye! hehe give us the details after you put it on, if its gunna lok good on a e36 :D hehe cheeya!

Going to put it on the back window, its been raining on and off so might put it off today, will see what happens.

Oh what a funny morning, been catching up with my old mate who was helping me put the banner on, little did we know there was a mufti cop with 5 AOS guys in it up the drive directly opposite us - and another down the road with another 4 in it, god knows what they were waiting for, they were oth parked up residential drive ways, real low key, nothing going over the scanner.

Anyway here's a couple of pics ...

/blog

post-1430-1182819221_thumb.jpg

post-1430-1182819279_thumb.jpg

Looks nice.

Wheres the pics of the mufti cops??

Should of had a BB gun war or something?

I don't know if I like the "Online Community" part, but the top section is nice.

LOL, no pics of cops, it looked like they were watching us, I was waiting for something to go down ... even though of course I'm innocent of everything ;)

Yeah I'm still undecided about the lower part of the sticker, but for now it can stay.

LOL, no pics of cops, it looked like they were watching us, I was waiting for something to go down ... even though of course I'm innocent of everything ;)

Yeah I'm still undecided about the lower part of the sticker, but for now it can stay.

damn! looks nice on your car bro!! and shux!! i love your wheels man!! suits hard with ur car mannn, ima buy one for my car aye. cus my car is a coupe, so dont really know if it will suit, guess il give it a try :D bro are ur plates from german plates .com? if it is, how long did it take for you to receive it?