Sign in to follow this  
pureboiracer

issues with my rebuild.

hey. i have a pfl 325i engine. with a motronic v1.1 set up where the tdc lug is on the flywheel. the problem is my gearbox is a getrag 240 and doesnt have the sensor holes for the tdc sensors. i spoke to a guy called ray from auckland and he suggested going facelift by getting a new front pully loom ecu dizzy and crank position sensor at the front. but he was not sure if this way would work out or not. can someone please give me some advice on this situation.

much apreciated. oli

hey. i have a pfl 325i engine. with a motronic v1.1 set up where the tdc lug is on the flywheel. the problem is my gearbox is a getrag 240 and doesnt have the sensor holes for the tdc sensors. i spoke to a guy called ray from auckland and he suggested going facelift by getting a new front pully loom ecu dizzy and crank position sensor at the front. but he was not sure if this way would work out or not. can someone please give me some advice on this situation.

much apreciated. oli

Oli, you basically have two options, find a prefacelift gearbox with the sensor holes, or find a post face lift motor that you can get the later Motronic loom and sensors off. This is the better option, you can then use your existing gearbox, and you can get performance chips for the later motronics.

you will also need to decide what you will do with the oxy sen.

run it in closed loop or open loop. with or without, in other words.

if your racing it, you should not need it. so you can dump as much fuel in as poss.

if your racing it, you should not need it. so you can dump as much fuel in as poss.

why would you run it rich?

thanks guys. so if i get a fl ecu and loom and front pullly should it pretty much work then or is there something ive forgetten?

so which is without? closed or open loop?

so the bottom line is can this conversion be done? is there anything else that may cause an issue? a straight anser is realy needed here.

yes of course it can be done

320 l jet to 325i motronic 1.1?

one of few probs i see (OLLIE this applies to you too) is that the flywheel wont have sensors on it for the motronic loom.. i THINK you can retro fit them though. all the wiring though is just a matter of getting the right wire on the car to the right wire on the engine loom..can be done by an auto sparky, or yourself if your keen.

andrews race car is a similiar setup..but with the LINk

use the cooling system/rad etc that comes with the 325 or your 320 stuff should be sweet

so if i make the pfl 325i fl by getting a facelift loom and ecu and new crank pully and using my old dissy on the side of the block that should be all sweet?

no..not worth it.

how can you use the dizzy in side of block? 325i dont have one

keep it the early pre FL motronic, fit or do whatever to use the right flywheel or get the sensors on yours. then just wire it up to the right car loom parts

any other way is rangi/nasty and probably more difficult

my 325i engine has a blanking plate for the dissy on the side and all the gearing inside for it. so i need new gbox and flywheel? or you reckon i could just drill the holes in the box for the sensors?

Edited by sydwayz e30

Posted Image

The racers should have think about this.

Maximum power

AF = 12.6:1

lambda = 0.86

Max Economy

AF = 15.4:1

Lambda = 1.05

Ideal

AF = 14.7:1

Lambda = 1

From Bosch fuel injection & engine managment by Charles o. Probst

Use the Front dizzy cap.

get a from timing wheel thing and crank angle sensor.

Get yourself a 1.3 motronic loom. If you can one without the oxy sensor loom then that would be ideal.