Sign in to follow this  
Grant

Strut Brace Installed

Hello

I picked up the Racing Dynamics Strut Brace from Simon (Mystro) last night and stuck in in my car.

Here are a couple of pics.

I must admit I havn't driven my car since installing, but will go for a drive tonight.

Cheers

post-5-1083719481.jpg

get it chromed

bling bling!!!!

nah

just got smoke smoked front flashers!!! will post dem soon.

looking good grant!!!!

pretty much

the bits that bolt on to the strut tower are offset not center.

the sticker is on the other side. but thats about all.

since your at work....want me to take it for a drive? ill give you a detailed write up....haha looks get....let us know how it goes

since your at work....want me to take it for a drive? ill give you a detailed write up....haha looks get....let us know how it goes

Not in a million years, you are jinxed....I'm surprised your recent handywork has not been spread in all of its glory on Bimmersport....

Grant, a PM please? :P

No, I have written more than I should have already.

No, I have written more than I should have already.

common!!! PM me, and all that - ill keep quiet! or at least get another sign in and spread it that way - you know - i saw this dude do somthing stupid da da da da was it anyone on here??? haha :D

ahh the exploits of gus...

striking terror in to the hearts of e30 engines everywhere....

brace looks good grant, tell us how it goes....

brace looks good grant, tell us how it goes....

Yeah, it will only really be noticable once I get the new suspension in later in the year.

However, at the moment, it looks cool, and that must add HP.

Cheers

Guest Zwilling

Putting my hand up cause I don't know Jack, what's the benefits of the strut brace??? :huh:

Putting my hand up cause I don't know Jack, what's the benefits of the strut brace??? :huh:

under hard cornering, it will stop (or greatly reduce) the car flexing, especially when the suspension has been modified (I am getting Bilstein Sports Shocks and Jamex (or H&R) Springs in September).

Cheers

this is a great mod, and is very noticeable once completed, anything that makes that chassis more rigid has got to be good for ya

Guest Zwilling

under hard cornering, it will stop (or greatly reduce) the car flexing, especially when the suspension has been modified (I am getting Bilstein Sports Shocks and Jamex (or H&R) Springs in September).

Curiously, if I were (hypothetically) to be throwing my beast around corners at high G's and in effect flex the body badly, would that detrimentally affect the wheel alignment???

not the wheel alignment, just the positioning of the car, tyre contact, centre of gravity etc.. and i suppose to a degree (slight) the wheel alignment, for that period in the corner