Sign in to follow this  
PBOY23

update on e36 coupe

hey all , i have just put on a pod filter with some piping this is my first attempt at this i had to cut down some pipe source a bit of samco hose and make a brace which links up to the factory airbox mount there is a little bit of play so i mite have to make some sort of a new brace , i dont think i have made any power (feels a bit diffrent but nothing to go on about) but it is a definatly loud awsome sound! i took abit of the factory piping of the airbox and fixed it in there for direct airflow - any hints or tips or things i can add to this im thinking a heat shield ? anyway cheers! :rolleyes:

Posted Image

yeah bro box off tht whole area, also not sure wot kinda adaptor plate ur using to connect it to ur afm, but make tht brace nice and strong!! have recently cracked mine on the e30

Looks good bro aswel!

Couldn't hear it when I passed you this morning ;P

yea man get a heat shield for that... heat soak is not good and you will prob be lossing performance at the moment

Couldn't hear it when I passed you this morning ;P

yeh well was very hung over so just nana it hahaha :rolleyes:

Edited by PBOY

yeah bro box off tht whole area, also not sure wot kinda adaptor plate ur using to connect it to ur afm, but make tht brace nice and strong!! have recently cracked mine on the e30

Looks good bro aswel!

any ideas to how i coulod make one or would it be easyer to buy one or have one made im not using an adaptor the samco hose just slides over works a treat

cheers for the comments

Posted Image

I think your car would look really good if you colour code the front bumper and side skirts. I had a white E36 and after doing this it lifted the appearance dramatically

I think your car would look really good if you colour code the front bumper and side skirts. I had a white E36 and after doing this it lifted the appearance dramatically

yeh im trying to save for that at the moment plus i have got m3 mirrors and a front alpina bumper lip wich is goin to look nice i have got a list of things to do :rolleyes: cheers for the advice id have to agree with you!

Posted Image

Haha put it at the top of the list. If it was me I'd be spending my money making it look nice before I put anything towards performance increases, because at the end of the day it's a 320, so you may as well make it a hot one!

Haha put it at the top of the list. If it was me I'd be spending my money making it look nice before I put anything towards performance increases, because at the end of the day it's a 320, so you may as well make it a hot one!

yeh with out a doubt , hey the 320i isnt that bad id rather have it than my 318is , anyway

id like to find cheap side skirts and maybe a rear lip extension i dont want it over done .........Cheers!Posted Image

If you're going to paint, I'd get the mirrors and lip done same time. Would be cheaper, especially if on a budget.

Another thing I'd do is get a new NZ plate, then euro it!

/edit; 'Light Gauge Metals' - Onehunga; 6366504. Don't know number, but on Fleming St.

I've had quote to make a 3sided 'box' for e30 airbox $80.00.

His workmanship is FAR better then the chap down in Hamilton selling them on here.

I was quite disappointed by his work. This guy is local, pro, and same price.

Edited by JP

Just giving it to you haha

allllll goooooood kuzzz! , do you know if a 325i throttle body and 320i are diffrent and interchageable? maybe suck some more air ? i thort id ask as im new to this and well with my old jappas i could put a larger one on

Posted Image

If you're going to paint, I'd get the mirrors and lip done same time. Would be cheaper, especially if on a budget.

Another thing I'd do is get a new NZ plate, then euro it!

yeh for shore thats the plan as i got the stuff just need the funds , a euro plate man how much like 300? i could use it on the car , but then i again i would like that , id get SOWHAT due to all the other young dudes goin bema rude, get a turbo , if it aint turbo it must be slow , theres some real dickhead boyracer fags out there

anyway cheers for the comment

Posted Image

yeh for shore thats the plan as i got the stuff just need the funds , a euro plate man how much like 300? i could use it on the car , but then i again i would like that , id get SOWHAT due to all the other young dudes goin bema rude, get a turbo , if it aint turbo it must be slow , theres some real dickhead boyracer fags out there

anyway cheers for the comment

I was thinking get a standard 'DDE821' plate, then euro'n it through http://www.germanplates.com - anyone seen what the 'stuck-on' front plate like what you see on Porsches look like on 36s? Will need bumper adapter I'm sure.

'Light Gauge Metals' - Onehunga; 6366504. Don't know number, but on Fleming St.

His workmanship is FAR better then the chap down in Hamilton selling them on here.

I was thinking get a standard 'DDE821' plate, then euro'n it through http://www.germanplates.com - anyone seen what the 'stuck-on' front plate like what you see on Porsches look like on 36s? Will need bumper adapter I'm sure.

'Light Gauge Metals' - Onehunga; 6366504. Don't know number, but on Fleming St.

aw true cheers man il be giving them a call asap to get the box sorted i dont think it would be the same price as a e30 maybe a bit more expensive but il allow abit more cash for it

Posted Image