Sign in to follow this  
bmpower

Manual Conversion, Auto broke

If anyone could help me out it would be much apprieciated.

I would like to know if anyone has done, or knows anyone that has done a man conversion on an e36 coupe. My auto trans is flaring and it looks like there may be a possibility the warranty people won't cover it, so i'm thinkin if its not too much more i might as well change to a man.

If anyone has any contacts of people who have done this or have a rought idea what kind of cost is involved it would good to have something to go on.

Also if anyone knows what the most likely cause of the flaring is, or have had this prob that would be great too. From what i know so far it seems it is prob the bands that are knackered, and the warranty guys will put that down to wear and tear, which means i have to fork out mucho $$$.

The car is an e36 '96 323i coupe. Only done 53500k's, bought 6mths ago, and only done 2700k's since i got it! As you can imagine i am slightly pissed!

Cheers!

SD european in hamilton do a drive-in-auto-drive-away-manual conversion..but they ask for a left nut as payment. think its about 4g?

If anyone could help me out it would be much apprieciated.

I would like to know if anyone has done, or knows anyone that has done a man conversion on an e36 coupe. My auto trans is flaring and it looks like there may be a possibility the warranty people won't cover it, so i'm thinkin if its not too much more i might as well change to a man.

If anyone has any contacts of people who have done this or have a rought idea what kind of cost is involved it would good to have something to go on.

Also if anyone knows what the most likely cause of the flaring is, or have had this prob that would be great too. From what i know so far it seems it is prob the bands that are knackered, and the warranty guys will put that down to wear and tear, which means i have to fork out mucho $$$.

The car is an e36 '96 323i coupe. Only done 53500k's, bought 6mths ago, and only done 2700k's since i got it! As you can imagine i am slightly pissed!

Cheers!

Yeh id agree with sd euro in hamilton or theres a kit on trademe ,sd is easyer but is more expensive

Posted Image

Westie has done it to his 328

Might be that software prob Andrew.

I have done it to the 328, cost about the same as what SD euro are charging (I did it about a year ago).

The kit selling on tm and here

is for a 325 but theoretically could be used on a 323.

You dont need a pedal box just a pair of pedals.

What is your gearbox doing exactly btw?

What is your gearbox doing exactly btw?

The slushbox is 'flaring' mainly between 2nd/3rd - when it changes up to 3rd it disengages 2nd then over revs by as much as 1000rpm (especially under load ie. goin uphill) then clicks into 3rd. it is also doin in between 3/4 and 4/5 but not that noticable.

Update: its goin into get fixed on monday, i took it to another place and the guy knew exactly what it was - seems a common prob with this gearbox (the 'nissan' one) and it appears to be the high-end clutch plate is stuffed/worn and it should be covered under warranty!

Thanks to all that helped with their input on this! sadly the slushbox will be stayin in the car for some time now - at least she'll be healthy tho!