Sign in to follow this  
2ndspecies

e30 VT lsd

hey guys tried to find some info about this but didnt have much luck... i have heard its do able... i was just wondering weather or not it would be worth the trouble as one of my mates just wrote of a vt sports commodore and said i can have the diff assembly for 2 cartons of rum (bout $100) um im doing a 13bt conversion aswell so thought a strong lsd in the ass mite be better than standard non lsd. so any help or information or pointers in the right direction would be great

cheers

I don't know, but would be interested in finding out - maybe some pics of the commy diff to see how different it is? Maybe dimensions too (between output flanges, from axle centreline to input flange, bolt pattern and PCD.)

I don't know, but would be interested in finding out - maybe some pics of the commy diff to see how different it is? Maybe dimensions too (between output flanges, from axle centreline to input flange, bolt pattern and PCD.)

groovey yeah man ill take some happy snaps this weekend if old mate is back..

Just use a medium case bmw lsd, they are plenty strong enough and dont require any mods

Just use a medium case bmw lsd, they are plenty strong enough and dont require any mods

ahh okay... outta e30s? or other models fit aswell? there pretty pricey but arent they.. spose worth it if nothing has to be modded hmmm!

Yip out of e30s, mostly out of m325i,m3 etc

They just arent as common and would probably cost a lot more than the VT diff. But in saying that, the cost of converting to the VT diff would probably end up being more than just getting a medium case diff unless they are close enough to bolt on (which I highly doubt). Anything is possible though.