Sign in to follow this  
bean

Tints

Hey there,

I am wanting to take off the tints I have on my e30, and replace them with darker tints. Has anyone done this before, how hard is it, can you put tints over tints...I wouldnt think so.. Please help/

Cheers

Simon

i've tinted 2 cars before and i'll never do it again, they came out really well but god damn it's frustrating and takes ages ...! if you are not good with your hands then you will screw it up and you will waste valuable tint material.

take it to tint-a-car or somewhere like that, and do some extra hours at work to pay for it, much easier.

Unique tints did mine 20% all round for 200 cash.

Ring him,0272unique

Ring him,0272unique

20% ... u wouldn't get warrant unless its a commercial vehicle. Darkest legal is 35% VLT.

Who does the best tint in Auckland??

I just got my windows on the 5 tinted at Tintacar and its absolute crap. Big bubbles on rear window, little bubbles on sides, rip at top driver side.

I want a clean looking tint thats looks profess.

Recommendations?

20% ... u wouldn't get warrant unless its a commercial vehicle. Darkest legal is 35% VLT.

haha, even 35% can be to dark.

After leaven my car for 2 months, i came home and went to get a WoF.

The guy used the light-meter-thingy and they came in at 34/33%. So i had to go home and wash my windows. Worst thing was it was 5pm when i went there. So didn't get it till the next day. :angry: VTNZ :angry:

Edited by antony

Who does the best tint in Auckland??

I just got my windows on the 5 tinted at Tintacar and its absolute crap. Big bubbles on rear window, little bubbles on sides, rip at top driver side.

I want a clean looking tint thats looks profess.

Recommendations?

Surely their lifetime warranty would sort you out?

Dont forget that most BMW's already have some tint in the windows before you start. So when you put the 35% on you immediately go over the limit.

Dont forget that most BMW's already have some tint in the windows before you start. So when you put the 35% on you immediately go over the limit.

So you can re-tint over old timt then?

Thanks

i've tinted 2 cars before and i'll never do it again, they came out really well but god damn it's frustrating and takes ages ...! if you are not good with your hands then you will screw it up and you will waste valuable tint material.

take it to tint-a-car or somewhere like that, and do some extra hours at work to pay for it, much easier.

couldnt have said it better myself.

Putting tint over the existing factory tint is fine, even with the factory tint and 35% you'll still be fine. worst case is probably what antony had to do.

Surely their lifetime warranty would sort you out?

They said wait for it to cure (3 weeks) its abeen 3.5 weeks and still no difference.

These guys also punctured the leather around the doors - they fixed it off course. Tintacar Henderson seem to be clowns and are rough as, I will use their warranty but maybe at a difference branch.

Or I may request a refund, that why I was wondering who does the best tints?

So you can re-tint over old timt then?

Thanks

Sorry the glass already has a tint ex factory, its not a tint as in a film.

Ring him,0272unique

ive got 20% all round and have no troubles with wof's

the best way to remove the tint is with a heat gun, and with a mate on the otherside slowly but firmly pulling on the tint start from a corner first, worked for me fine and left no sticky crap

If you get a tinted by a WFMA member, you should get a sticker saying 35% VLT.... if you have that sticker..the WOF guy wouldn't even bother checking the darkness of your tint.

And yes you guys are right. The BMW side windows and rear are tinted glass. Adding to the film, my car is at 30% and no 35% .... but the guy who did it gave me the sticker..so should be sweet :-)

Google A1 tinting...this dude is not bad ...cheapest I found in Auckland that uses the US Johnson films.

cheers!