Sign in to follow this  
bmaguy

How low can you go?

hey guys & girls id just like to know what the best way is to get a 100mm drop out of my E30 320i ive got king springs in there at the moment but there kinda on the high side.

ps.. i don't wanna take the springs out haha.... :blink:

jet some jamex super lows and some koni yellows..

that'll help you drop that badboy.

please never f**k around with suspension and remove springs, you just a danger to me on the roads.. and if you f**k up.... im a danger to you then ;)

oh and welcome to the forum, please remove your shoes

Guest Spargo

Um, airbags for that low.

You can get to 60mm easy, but the next 40mm will kill camber / tyres etc etc without camber plates and a modifed subframe.

Do you have chromes btw?

Guest Andrew

even 60mm is quite yuck - you'll need the shorted shocks - and under acceleration probably only a small amount of the rear tyres will touch the road due to the e30 suspension setup.

chill ladies, camber is your friend ;)

well not really... but you get some good friends at tyre places B)

you dont have white 320 with chromes do ya? i might have just seen you....im using jamex 40 mm drop which isnt super low but has a decent camber handles pretty good and looks decent too....need new shocks though......jamex superlows + konis are good if you wanna go real low

......jamex superlows + konis are good if you wanna go real low

ahh i love mine :D

might need to look into getting my konis serviced soon and some new jamex's

anyone know where i can go that deals with konis? and are cheap and reputable?

you dont have white 320 with chromes do ya? i might have just seen you....im using jamex 40 mm drop which isnt super low but has a decent camber handles pretty good and looks decent too....need new shocks though......jamex superlows + konis are good if you wanna go real low

nope thats not my car... i know the one your talking about thats a nice car how did he get it so low?? hehe... idd like to see a pic of your car with that setup... idd like to go as low as that white one but yeah it would f#$k up the camber big time aye??

ps... your not in glenfield are you?? black 325i four door? :P

Guest Andrew

nope thats not my car... i know the one your talking about thats a nice car how did he get it so low?? hehe... idd like to see a pic of your car with that setup... idd like to go as low as that white one but yeah it would f#$k up the camber big time aye??

ps... your not in glenfield are you?? black 325i four door? :P

The white car ain't that low -

it depends what your looking for here - and e30 that will outhandle most other cars Jamex/Bilstien or Koni combo or thats just really low and doesn't bodyroll at all (bad) so it goes slower around corners.

really low and doesn't bodyroll at all (bad) so it goes slower around corners.

i thought that bodyroll was your enemy when cornering - i agree that too low can be bad - not just for tyres, but what about the whole underside of your car when you scrape over judderbars and driveways etc...

my car used to live in glenfield.....ive owned it for round 5 months live similar area....body roll is good as when the suspension compresses negative camber is induced. body roll allows the car to roll so the tyre is flush with the ground, giving maximum grip. too little body roll and not the whole tyre is on the ground. too low and not the whole tyre is on the ground (bad for straight lines esp....) my rear subframe was bent a while back and had bad ass rear camber...could never get any grip in the wet!

Guest Andrew

i thought that bodyroll was your enemy when cornering - i agree that too low can be bad - not just for tyres, but what about the whole underside of your car when you scrape over judderbars and driveways etc...

In the e30 it has a semi trailing rear suspension setup - when cornering the wheel under load (i.e when turning left the right rear tyre) cambers positive and the wheel not under load cambers negatively giving you more tyre contact. So no bodyroll and this doesn't happen.

In the e30 it has a semi trailing rear suspension setup - when cornering the wheel under load (i.e when turning left the right rear tyre) cambers positive and the wheel not under load cambers negatively giving you more tyre contact. So no bodyroll and this doesn't happen.

schooled.

I honestly didnt know that - i thought that it was bad fullstop. e36 would be similar then?

Guest Andrew

schooled.

I honestly didnt know that - i thought that it was bad fullstop. e36 would be similar then?

probably - i've never really looked.

I ran ebiach pro sports springs ( 60 and 50 drops - progressive ) on one of my e30's and they were briliant They gave a 96mm ride height though, so I needed certs for them.

Tire wear was noticably worse than stock, but they weren't on the car for looks... so the tires were going to be thrashed anyway.

If you just want low, give cobra springs a call and they'll make whatever you want - eventually. Repco sell them. For looks only mind! racers need not apply!