Sign in to follow this  
bumpdE30

radiator overflow

ello ello,

This peice broke off the overflow bottle (pic attacted) and I need to replace or fix it because its leaking. Just like to know where to get possibly a 2nd hand one or new one for a good price because i imagine they would be quite expensive??

Even any ideas for a quick fix would be great?

Posted Image

Cheers

It doesnt look like mine so assume its off the 4cyl ?

1. Price it at the dealers - sometimes prices can be surprisingly low

2. If the dealers too high try a wrecker

3 If thats no good, post an add on this site, people here are pretty good re pricing

4. Try Trademe - though I havent seen one that looks like yours.

5. You could also look at some of the sites selling BMW parts overseas eg http://www.motormec.co.uk/e30parts.html. Theres also another U.S one but freight will probably mean that any savings over the NZ dealer price will be eaten up.

Dont bother trying to repair as it needs to hold water under pressure and repairing will most likely be a waste of time.

Edited by ducatiss

It doesnt look like mine so assume its off the 4cyl ?

1. Price it at the dealers - sometimes prices can be surprisingly low

2. If the dealers too high try a wrecker

3 If thats no good, post an add on this site, people here are pretty good re pricing

4. Try Trademe - though I havent seen one that looks like yours.

5. You could also look at some of the sites selling BMW parts overseas eg http://www.motormec.co.uk/e30parts.html. Theres also another U.S one but freight will probably mean that any savings over the NZ dealer price will be eaten up.

Dont bother trying to repair as it needs to hold water under pressure and repairing will most likely be a waste of time.

i assume its the original, its not a 4cyl its a e36 m spec so its 2.8 6cyl i should have said in the post, im guessing you looked at my avatar and current ride description. thanks for the help~

i have one .

call ah 021433600

Plenty in stock

Regards Ray

0212HELLBM

i have one .

call ah 021433600

would have to be sorted out during work hours as it work related, its repossesed.. its bagged too :rolleyes:

coming up for sale sometime in the near future if anyone would like to know, ill post a thread with link when it is.

Plenty in stock

Regards Ray

0212HELLBM

will give you a buzz tomorrow at work

Cheers

would have to be sorted out during work hours as it work related, its repossesed.. its bagged too :rolleyes:

coming up for sale sometime in the near future if anyone would like to know, ill post a thread with link when it is.

Got any more pics of it Charlie?

What you riding around in now?

Got any more pics of it Charlie?

What you riding around in now?

Ill be sneeky and take a few pictures of it today if I have time :rolleyes:

At the moment I've got a gt starlet that I bought for a run around ($1500) and a Toyota mark II grande which im selling because I miss my E30 :( Should have never sold the beast.