Sign in to follow this  
bravo

H&R's and the man who sells 'em

This is partly a "look at what I got! nananananaaaanaaa!" thread and partly a big ups/mad props/recommendation for the main guy behind H&R in NZ.

Keith is not only the H&R importer for NZ, but also for Vogtland as well and he knows his springs. He has a wealth of knowledge and experience in the industry and has worked for other suspension crowds before going out on his own to bring in H&R. he's passionate about his product, and passionate about giving it to bimmersporters at a reduced rate. I know he is in talks regarding becoming an official sponsor for BS, but until then he told me he's happy to cut special deals on H&R and Vogtland to BS members anyway.

He was very impressed with the positive and responsible attitude amongst the members he met at the Botany Motor Works BBQ, and that is the main reason why he's keen to help out our community. So get behind him and buy his product.

I spent a fair bit of time chatting to him at the BBQ, then again at his house when I picked up my new springs. Its rare to meet someone so knowledgeable about their product and so keen to help and make sure everything is 100% right.

Good stuff Keith, keep it up.

My new prezzies:

Posted Image

Rears in:

Posted Image

I was much too lazy to do the fronts today, so will post up pics etc when done. I was looking for around a 20mm ride height increase in the rear and a zero increase in the front. I measured and got exactly 20mm in the rear and after settling maybe 15mm so pretty spot-on. Will see about the front. The other thing I have noticed already is that the coils sit much nicer on the H&Rs with the dead coils doing their job nicely and sitting tidly inside each other instead of the horrible coil bind I was getting (the coils on the old springs were shiny from regularly contacting each other.) A 20mm increase from current ride heght still equals a 45-50mm drop from stock for those wondering why I wanted to go up - 60mm+ drop just too much.

You can contact Keith on 021378902. And tell him you're from bimmersport.

Edited by bravo

Yup - as soon as I get the 328i back, next step is to get Keith to sort me out with H&R's etc for it. I was impressed with the H&R's in my E30 when I had it, and Gus has been ever since he inherited them from me after I destroyed my E30.

Cheers

Grant

I just got some H&R's from some guy on trademe. Wish I had seen this and got the discount :)

Not sure if it was the same person or not but the username was "jmkoyi".