Sign in to follow this  
StylesM5

Audi S Experience RS4 vids

Hi Guys

Thanks to Ian Grainger and Audi NZ, Lance and I attended a great “Audi S Experience†day. This consisted of 14 lucky individuals who were permitted to drive each of the following Audi S models. S8 (5.2 V10), S6 (5.2 V10), S4 (4.2 V8), RS4 (Highly tuned 4.2 V8 manual, our favourite), S3 (2.0 turbo manual, second best), and TT’s (2.0 turbo and 3.2 V6).

What a bloody fantastic day. Route went from Wainui to Kaukapakapa, up SH16 to turn off to Warkworth, over the hill to Warkworth, then Matakana, up Matakana Valley Rd to Wellsford and back down SH16. Each pair had about 10-15kms before swapping driver/codriver in the same car when the 10-15kms was repeated. We then changed cars and all was repeated till we'd all driven each car.

Just waiting for BMW NZ to do the same one day. Bums on seats sells cars, and if I had a spare $150k, the RS4 would be parked in my driveway in a flash.

The following links are to video clips on youtube. At no point did we exceed the 100km/h speed limit (cough, cough).

The car we chase up the hill is a 3.2 TDI All Road. Very quick and surprisingly fast. Well driven by Simon from Audi. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30YGWE2ceKU

Going down the other side in very wet, slippery gravel. TC only activated once. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqfGszAUBBY

Lance driving. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p87PoWuLEPs

Cheers, Jocko

That is seriously rapid!

Your grin hardly fits on the screen Jock - I can see why haha awesome.

That is seriously rapid!

Your grin hardly fits on the screen Jock - I can see why haha awesome.

Better than sex with Gus.

We had the 5.2 litre V10 S8 behind us at the bottom of the hill, didn't stay in the mirror for long!!!

Edited by StylesM5

Looks like you've had a fun couple of drives Jock.

Save up for the V10 RS6!

Save up for the V10 RS6!

In avant body, manual of course. DSG is good, but nothing beats stirring the pot.

Better than sex with Gus.

So as good as say a 1967 beetle.. that doesn't run. With lots of rust then?

So as good as say a 1967 beetle.. that doesn't run. With lots of rust then?

:o , I'm sure Pam would be gutted to hear you say that Andrew.

Oh great. I would love to attend a day like this. The only Audi I have ever driven is the RS6 wagon and sedans which were rental cars for the rental company I worked for in the UK. Awesome machines.

Porsche does a similar thing to this. Its the whole weekend and you get taught by v8supercar drivers. Dad went on it at the start of the year. In Aussie though.

Save up for the V10 RS6!

I found out that an old mate is now at Giltrap. I will have to try to hit him up for a couple of drives. Aiming for Vantage V8, DB9 and Gallardo. They may also still have that LP640 still there. Will keep you all posted and try to nab more footage.

I might be on to new "test drive" thing here, the difference being it's middle aged, mid life crsis males going out and having fun. Lance is a great mate to share it with. It's him you can hear chuckling on the first RS4 clip and he's driving on the 3rd clip. You can see the rev counter hovering around the 7500 mark. All bloody great.

Jocko