Sign in to follow this  
bravo

SI batteries?

Reeset service lights a month or so ago. Back to needing oil service already. Red and amber lights come on individually and intermittently. Temp guage is startig to read low. SI batteries??

Reeset service lights a month or so ago. Back to needing oil service already. Red and amber lights come on individually and intermittently. Temp guage is startig to read low. SI batteries??

Yes or circuit board failure

Probably - I had a similar prob with mine though I reset them a second time and they have been right ever since so worth a shot. Advise you to remove the board and check for signs of corrosion etc.

Installed new batteries even though old ones gave good voltage. So far dash lighs appear good (need a couple of weeks to be sure though). Temp guage still reading low though. Only goes up to a third - normal temp used to be at half.

Batteries weren't cheap. Are the small Lithium Manganese Dioxide ones - $20 +GST +Delivery at Jaycar for closest match. Rang Simpower in East Tamaki and got the exact same ones (Sanyo CR14250SE 3V) for that price with the correct tabs spot welded on so all I had to do was solder them in - no messing about. The same price plus delivery. Basically $50 incl. GST for two with tabs. Ouch.

Edited by bravo

As for temp gauge, my e30 used to run at that, then we did the cambelt etc and the gauge went from a third to half way.

I have no idea why, but it was deffinately that incident.

You have to uplug the sensor to get the radiator out. It happened after I changed my front guards and headlights, so maybe I bumped it then. I'll check that there isn't a loose connection.

Thanks for the lead.

As for temp gauge, my e30 used to run at that, then we did the cambelt etc and the gauge went from a third to half way.

I have no idea why, but it was deffinately that incident.

Are you sure you have the cam belt timed correctly??

Interested to know how that can affect the temp guage? Not at all saying it can't, just wanting more info.

Are you sure you have the cam belt timed correctly??

??

??

Cam timing being out a tooth or more can alter engine operating temperature due to altering combustion characteristics.

Cam timing being out a tooth or more can alter engine operating temperature due to altering combustion characteristics.

We checked it was pretty bang on for my car. Didn't realise it was 'so serious'.

No way I can check now as I've on sold.

Well I checked my temp sensor, and no change, and lights are playing up again. So must be the board f**k it all.