Sign in to follow this  
Andrew

BMW M3 simulator inside an actual BMW M3

Posted Image
Think you'd got the ultimate driving setup with your wireless steering wheel, futuristic HD widescreen and custom gaming seat? You ain't got nothing.
is the ultimate virtual driving experience.

The M3 simulator being shown off at BMW's press event this week features a computer simulation projected onto the windshield and dashboard of an actual M3 from a projector mounted in the back seat. Input from the car's actual steering wheel and gear shifters goes into the computer simulation, which in turn feeds the simulated road conditions into the car's shock absorbers for an authentic bouncing effect.

Granted, you probably won't be able to recreate this experience in your home -- the car itself costs the equivalent of over $100,000 even before the simulation accouterments are added in. Then again, when you consider that a high end home racing setup can cost $10,000, maybe that price isn't so ridiculous.

so keen. i want one

is that GTR2 you reckon? it sounds like it

Edited by The Gus

That dude is SUCH a n00b at GTR.. Gus and I would school him.

I would kill for that setup - I am planning on building a badass setup. GTR2 owns as the best simulator of them all (along with GT Legends) - You can actually practise driving on them (providing you have a good enough setup)

What constitutes a good enough setup? The Logitech G25 has been making eyes at me for a while now, and I have a still unplayed copy of GT legends purchased back when the game was new. They seem like a good match.

^^^ oh yeah. ferpect

make GTR2 an addition too, dont bother with race (even though it has an e30 m3, is crap)

What constitutes a good enough setup? The Logitech G25 has been making eyes at me for a while now, and I have a still unplayed copy of GT legends purchased back when the game was new. They seem like a good match.

Yeah we use the G25 - it rocks.

Yeah we use the G25 - it rocks.

What a shame it only works on computer and PS2, Forza 2 would be meanest game for it.

What a shame it only works on computer and PS2, Forza 2 would be meanest game for it.

Nah Forza isn't realistic enough

For that price, I'd just go out and buy an M3 and frighten the hell out of the residents in LT Rd :unsure: