Sign in to follow this  
Gus

US Site on Spring Rates

And everyone looks at me funny when I say I have 1000lb/in rear springs hah

Having a high spring rate is fine but you also then need to have the complimentary high rebound control.

Most sport springs are around 30% to 40% stiffer than stock which if you scan the list is about right

Track springs can be higher again depending on what the original car set up was designed for.

The J Stock rate at around 300% warrants some scrutiny

Seeing as they have been developed over many years of J-Stock racing and are a complete matched suspension kit. Sways, shocks, springs, camber and all mountings.

I have a fair idea of how a car should handle and my racecar does a pretty good job.

My comment was "requires some scrutiny" i.e. you might not want to put these in a road car - it was not challenging your ability/choice or the quality of product.

Perhaps you could provide some more info on just how they do perform in various conditions i.e are the good all springs or are they more suited to fast flat tracks. do they tend to bump steer etc.

Ah.

The setup is more suited for flat tracks yes - however the rebound is very good and I'd happily use them on a hillclimb event. Not perhaps for targa though.

There is no bump steer.