Sign in to follow this  
Butterfly

clutch

the time has come to change my clutch in my 5 does any one know how much for a new one or has any one got a good second hand one its a 525 m20

New clutch kit OEM is around $250-300 includes release bearing, friction disc and pressure plate. That is assuming you want to put it in yourself. Don't waste your time with secondhand.

im in wellington mate. ive had a quote from bnt for a exceedy standard clutch kit for$380.00 do u recon i can get one cheaper througth a bmw dealers?

Exedy is a good brand. That's probably about right for one of those.

Try the dealer, but somewhere like BNT should be able to hook you up with somethign that will do the job for a bit less. I buy mine off Gavin at Euro Italian in Glenfield (forum sponsor). Even with postage it should be less than the Exedy, last time I bought one Gavin was selling LuK clutches,

BNT quoted me over $500 for my 325i, i couldnt find anywhere offering a price similar to what i see people talking about on this site. Got a clutch kit off trademe in the end for $300.

Sweet. Just checked my last invoice for a clutch from Euro Italian. Shelf Price = $305. Less Bimmersport discount (15%) plus GST would equal $291.66.