Sign in to follow this  
Fai+H777

ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ !!!

Security at the ports is non existant. You can get the keys from the main office where they are all kept. I recently lost about $3500 - $4000 worth of parts from my two 180SX's I imported.

Its the security and dock workers who have the first dibs on you bits. Then the Maf guys have a go as they have more time in the cars. Then the Truck drivers take whats left. This is what someone on the warfs has told me goes on.

How did the theives get the keys? You cant start an E39 with an OE immobiliser without the key? Thats true int it??

True, all E39s have immobilisers in them that communicate to a transponder chip inside each key.

Impossible to start without a key - so the thief must have found the keys

The keys were taken out of the office.

DRFT IT - I hope you placed a claim, or took them to court. I will be claiming for every scratch and the miles that were clocked up on the vehicle among other things.

Security at the ports is non existant. You can get the keys from the main office where they are all kept. I recently lost about $3500 - $4000 worth of parts from my two 180SX's I imported.

Its the security and dock workers who have the first dibs on you bits. Then the Maf guys have a go as they have more time in the cars. Then the Truck drivers take whats left. This is what someone on the warfs has told me goes on.

I'll second that.

I've heard similiar stories from someone we know who works there too.

[edit] Excellent to hear, cool car too.

Edited by Quail

Glad you got it back. This really discourages me from even thinking about importing cars. Is it really that bad? Sounds like an NZ New one is the way to go. Now I wonder my car came without a torch in the glovebox...

Glad you got it back. This really discourages me from even thinking about importing cars. Is it really that bad? Sounds like an NZ New one is the way to go. Now I wonder my car came without a torch in the glovebox...

I had a mate who drove car transporters and he said all the truck drivers used to take cars for skids before loading them onto their trucks. Even things like brand new Evos were being rung out.

It's kind of like mechanics who use your car to go do the lunch run (Have mates who do that!!) Which is why I always note my odometer when taking my car in for repairs etc.

No I havent bothered to claim on anything as I dont have a detailed list of what was in the cars. Also they will use the old "It might have been stolen in Japan or on the boat" bullshit.

The ports is a very close community. Its very hard for an outsider to get a job there. Most people you will find are related or mates. When someone leaves, the job gets offered to the next family member or mate.

And yes they do thrash the cars. I have been there when a car has gone flatout past me in 1st gear hitting the limiter. Was a brand spanking new Holden Astra fresh off the boat.

Makes you wonder if anyone is honest down there at all.