Sign in to follow this  
sparkybeau

330 touring performance upgrade help. What should I do first?????

Hi guys, just wondering if you guys can give me some suggestions on what performance upgrades i should do that dont cost heaps to do on my 330 wagon?

anything would be a help.

Contact Gavin Bellars @ Hi Velocity - he can re-tune it for you. Much better than putting a performance chip in as it will be suited for you car and checked ona dyno.

09 442 4451

Hi guys, just wondering if you guys can give me some suggestions on what performance upgrades i should do that dont cost heaps to do on my 330 wagon?

anything would be a help.

manual or auto .. ?

Best thing you can do is not so much around the engine. As you will find they have quite good performance as it stands. I would start personally with suspension. Lowering it on some quality springs .. or if you can stomach the cost .. fully adjustible coil over setup. Light weight 18inch (or 19 inch which visually look better on a e46) alloys. Uprate your sway bars to 27mm fronts and 22mm rears and front and rear strut braces, your car will just feel a lot better. Im not sure of the tourings .. but the sedan unibody is a lot stiffer than the coupe one.

After this look into the exaust and airbox upgrade. Just be warned, A proper exhaust system for a m54b30 (330©i donk) that is tuned better than stock is quite expensive that will make any worth while agains. (trust me ;) ) however you will be able to get one that sounds good .. and performs just as good as stock for a lot less.

From here your looking into serious $$$ to get anything real from the engine at this point in time. (super charger / locked cams / throttle bodies / manual conversion / cable based throttle etc etc)

hope that helps

Thanks for all your help. Lots of things to think about. <_<

Its an auto by the way. Must be pretty hard to find a manual 330 wagon im guessing. It took a while finding any 330 wagons.

Cheers :)

manual or auto .. ?

Best thing you can do is not so much around the engine. As you will find they have quite good performance as it stands. I would start personally with suspension. Lowering it on some quality springs .. or if you can stomach the cost .. fully adjustible coil over setup. Light weight 18inch (or 19 inch which visually look better on a e46) alloys. Uprate your sway bars to 27mm fronts and 22mm rears and front and rear strut braces, your car will just feel a lot better. Im not sure of the tourings .. but the sedan unibody is a lot stiffer than the coupe one.

After this look into the exaust and airbox upgrade. Just be warned, A proper exhaust system for a m54b30 (330©i donk) that is tuned better than stock is quite expensive that will make any worth while agains. (trust me ;) ) however you will be able to get one that sounds good .. and performs just as good as stock for a lot less.

From here your looking into serious $$$ to get anything real from the engine at this point in time. (super charger / locked cams / throttle bodies / manual conversion / cable based throttle etc etc)

hope that helps