Sign in to follow this  
Matthew

My new E30

hey ohkay sounds good where would i look for 40mm drop. Trademe? and how much would it cost around about. yeah i think i will just go 35% for the tints and lower it 60mm with 17" alloys

lol you sound a bit confused, everyones seems to be telling you different things to do etc, just do what you want to do to your car man, do it how you want not others. personally I'd slam it on its bum, thats just me though, others hate that. If you want 18" go for it, my best mate has 18" mags on his E30 with compressed springs. The rear guards sit about 1/4 - 1/3 down the mags but its still the legal height because of the size of the rims. As for spacers, so what if you do need them you hardly ever get pulled up on them at wof time anyway, i never have. Anyway there are ways of getting around that if you do. It all depends on what YOU want so just do whatever pleases you. As for tints, i had 5% black and 35% mirror over the top (darker and not so mirrored) and everytime i went for a wof i'd just put all the windows down (back window was just 35%).. sounds stupid but never had anything said about it.

hope this helps a bit

If the rim and tyre combo have bigger rolling circumference that makes teh car higher, then the wheels and tyres are illegal in any case. Can't go more than 5% overall increase.

BTW sounds like your WOF place is dodgy.