Sign in to follow this  
Matthew

My new E30

my opinion minimum 17s if you want to go 18s go hard depending on how low it goes other wise find a nice set of 17s with a 1 inch dish at front 2 inch at rear easyer for tyres , look better than 16s , also maybe easyer to find the wheels you like cert i think is 400 ? iv gota go get one soonish for lowering

now one thing an alot of people would hate me for it but would you de-spolier it ?

hahahahaha just m 2cents

my opinion minimum 17s if you want to go 18s go hard depending on how low it goes other wise find a nice set of 17s with a 1 inch dish at front 2 inch at rear easyer for tyres , look better than 16s , also maybe easyer to find the wheels you like cert i think is 400 ? iv gota go get one soonish for lowering

now one thing an alot of people would hate me for it but would you de-spolier it ?

hahahahaha just m 2cents

And you would take the tech2 off why?

And you would take the tech2 off why?

hahahaha i knew that was comming , just my style i gess each to there own , smother lines gives the car a more sleek lower look would never think of putting a spoiler on the e36. :rolleyes:

hey thanks yeah i thik i will jst go for a set of 17" and just drop it lower. how low do you reckon mate. yeha nah il keep the mtech on haha makes the car for me haha

hey thanks yeah i thik i will jst go for a set of 17" and just drop it lower. how low do you reckon mate. yeha nah il keep the mtech on haha makes the car for me haha

hahaha algud , how low? id say legal limit butttttttttttt what does others think ?

so drop it 100ml. how would i do that. and would i get much rubing from that and plus with the body kit would that hit the ground. i was thinking around 70ml or 60ml. but i wont the back tyre to tuck under and the front to just tuck underabit. what would i do? thanks

hahahahahahahahhaa sack it on its ass bro. cutties hard oi bro hahah. yea nah wont affect the ride ae mate hahahaha

hahahahahahahahhaa sack it on its ass bro. cutties hard oi bro hahah. yea nah wont affect the ride ae mate hahahaha

go 60ml max drop other wise it will handel crap plus having a car less than 100ml off the ground can be a pain in the assssss

hi tower sweet bro hahahahahahaha :rolleyes:

pathetic each to there own

Edited by PBOY

k thats all i wanted to know. i wasnt saying i was going to drop i 100ml i was just seeing if that what he ment.

k thats all i wanted to know. i wasnt saying i was going to drop i 100ml i was just seeing if that what he ment.

Haha not being serious don't worry. Your cars nice, and has potential to look really nice, be a pity to have it scraping on the ground is all.

Each to their own, as you say PBOY ;)

Edited by Hi Tower

Haha not being serious don't worry. Your cars nice, and has potential to look really nice, be a pity to have it scraping on the ground is all.

Each to their own, as you say PBOY ;)

hahahahahaha algud HI TOWER <_< lol

Im with Hi Tower. Dont drop it as low as possible its a good looking car as is.

hey.

your e30 looks mint, looks just like mine when i got it (except a different colour).

you've really got to decide what YOU want to do with it.

theres money to be spent in all directions when it comes to cars. and where it goes is your choice.

it sounds like your wanting to get some nice looking wheels and lower your car.

60mm lower will put it on the limit, but i'd recommend 40-50, because you soon get over scraping.

18's that fit are rare, 17's are more common. if you want black centres and polished lip, you might have to buy some mags and send them off to a shop to get them done how you want.

the ride of a lowered car on 17's is a bit worse, but your young, you'll get over it if your after that look.

hope this helps

antony

haha yeah il prob do the 60mm look yeah haha abit young haha. how much does it cost to get it painted the alooy that is. that was much help antony. when u say "the ride on lowerd car on 17s " by that do you bmean itl be abit bouncey. thanks

haha yeah il prob do the 60mm look yeah haha abit young haha. how much does it cost to get it painted the alooy that is. that was much help antony. when u say "the ride on lowerd car on 17s " by that do you bmean itl be abit bouncey. thanks

If you go through somewhere like Brugar engineering - brugar.co.nz it'll cost you a few hundy a peice to get the whole wheel powdercoated.

yeah, it'l be a lil' bouncy (hard). And with lower profile tyres you'll get more road noise.

I haven't really looked into powdercoating or painting wheels, but have heard 'rumored' quotes cheaper than what is mentioned above, so all i can is your best to phone round first.

Being a f/l the rear should tuck under quite a bit with a 60mm drop

Will be badarse if done right.Ring Regan at Racelign...he organized my shiz and is real good to deal with.

would the wheel tuck under to much with a 60ml drop. yeha il give them a call i was thinking of doing it this weekend once i get payed. and il have a look at that site as well much thanks

when you smoke tail lights do you smoke the outside of the tail light or the inside. and should i smoke the front signals and the sides. and is it hard to get a wof with them. many thanks

when you smoke tail lights do you smoke the outside of the tail light or the inside. and should i smoke the front signals and the sides. and is it hard to get a wof with them. many thanks

Spray outter. If I were you, I'd get a euro filler, euro plate, and red the tails. Your car imo will look better like that. Then black out indicators.

He means the ride is harsh. You WILL grow out of going scrapingly low. Enjoy it now, but be prepared to spend more money in a few years to go a cople of mm higher in exhchange for improved handling.

I raised my car 20mm - NOONE noticed. I still get idiots telling me "your car is SACKED bro!!!". I used to have 60mm drop, now have 40mm - with body kit it looks low, but handles decent also.

If you are set on going 60mm, buy 40mm springs I will straight swap you for 60mm ones as my g/f wants her e30 lowered and I only have my old 60mm springs.

Edited by bravo

If you go through somewhere like Brugar engineering - brugar.co.nz it'll cost you a few hundy a peice to get the whole wheel powdercoated.

Brugar don't do powderoating, they outsource. Give them a aring and they'll tell you who they get to do it and go direct.

Brugar don't do powderoating, they outsource. Give them a aring and they'll tell you who they get to do it and go direct.

oh do you have any photos of your car on the 60mm springs? are they compresed? could i buy them off you? and whats a good place to look for alloys im thinking etha 16s or 17s. and if i got my tints 25% can you sometimes get away with it for wofs some people tell me it is.

Tints - depends on the WOF place. I wouldn't bother as it would suck if you had to rip them off for a wof.

Rims - buy new or trademe.

Springs - mine aren't for sale as I need a set for the g/f's car and don't want to f**k about selling mine then buying new ones. I just thought if you wanted to buy some secondhand 40mm springs (save $$$) then swap for mine to go very low this would be one way. I am not sure about the brand of these springs or if they have been compressed as bought them secondhand and previous owner didn't know either.

If you do want to swap PM me and we can have a chat.

Pic: Posted Image

Edited by bravo