Sign in to follow this  
str8_6

Converting!

Hey guys and gals,

Love the site. Just thought I would post a pic of current ride. I have managed to convert Japanese car loving friends, into hardcore Bmw finatics...yes Ash...you know who you are...love your work!

Current ride is a 1992 Bmw 525i with all the original motorsport extras...seats, bodykit, suspension etc etc

I still miss my e30 325i Motorsport.... Ah the good times had!

If only it would stop raining, then I could pinch the old folk’s e30 convertible! *sighs*

Edited by str8_6

Hey bro, it was about time I got you on to this site, pretty eh? well done on posting a pic I have to scroll vertically and horizontally, havn't had one of those for a while, bunny ^_^ . (edit: nice fix)

Cool pick too, any of the 3? gutted if you don't. we should have taken some of the tacho B)B) Governers anyone?

Honestly, still one of the nicest 5 around, very cool

and also the mtrsport convertible! I just relised that your whole family is motorsport! very cool. Not many others could lay claim to owning a pair of classic e30 sports, one convert!

Edited by Ghost

Yeah, the pic wasnt meant to be that big!

Bloody hell the 3 series had a violent rev limiter.... good to have though, it could rev like hell!

The 5 gets driven (nicely of course) at weekends....

When you bringing me over a e30 330?

by governer i was refering to the distinct lack of speed limiter as we tested (terrace tunnel run). Its not worth getting anything from australia, all shiet- I dont think they have any models we cant get in NZ and the prices!! crazy, gay tarrifs protecting the local industry.

Why would anyone buy local (holden, ford)

That V8 Holden that chased me today had to brake so early before the corners.... I love the way with the Bimmer, you just throw it into a corner, and you know exactly what it will do! Holden drive was still battling with his horrible ride...AAAHH yes...im nearly spent!

Terrace midnight run ruled man! Subaru and Rotarys were all in awe!

Funny how that e30, a car nearly 20 years old still inspires so much fun!

Thanks man. I didnt realise a NZ forum existed! Wicked site!

welcome to the site, nice location for the pic

Yeah man, pic is taken in Welly, out by Shelly Bay...(old Army base)

Remember Ash???

1986 UK 325i Motorsport. 5spd manual. Original e30 motorsport cars have a black headliner...like this one.

yeah bro, nice pic- were was that one taken? I wonder if anyone would be believe you traded a Alfa for it in the middle of the night- how much you get the the Alfa for-so basically the bimmer?

Would look even cooler with bigger weaves or alpinas.

Good times in that beast. Remeber if it was dogleg or not- I keep thinking it was?

Cant remember if it was a dogleg box?? Pic was taken the day I sold it :(:(

Ah well.

Guest Andrew

Welcome to the site - nice 5er. That M325 would have been awesome fun!

Guest Spargo

Black M325i with black headliner = sex. That 3 is money. You have taste.

Yeah man, was a lot of fun. Unfortunately it was a UK import, so rust got the better of it. :(

The 5 series is a lot of fun too, although it is a much different car to the e30 I feel. Might try installing some tinted windows though...summer normally frys the inside, and black on black looks the part.

Would like to put on bigger mags... but I like the original look. Seen a few fives with some nice AC Schnitzer mags. Also love the look of the deep dish Alpina mags!

yeah nice 5, would look awesome with some AC Schnitzer Type IIs, what size weaves are they on ur 5? 15s? if they are bigger than 15s ill buy them off u

sparkle

Cool another 5er. I've got a delphin grey 535i Sport with 18" ASC Type 2s - I'll keep an eye out for you around town :)

oh and are they the original metric wheels??

Edited by E34-535ti

They are factory 15 inch BBS Basket weave/Cross spoke wheels. I love the look, although hate the cleaning! Very original...not one bit of kerb rash at all!

The car itself is very original, has all the tools in the kit, including the flashlight in the glove compartment.

Edited by str8_6

Hey guys and gals,

Love the site. Just thought I would post a pic of current ride. I have managed to convert Japanese car loving friends, into hardcore Bmw finatics...yes Ash...you know who you are...love your work!

Current ride is a 1992 Bmw 525i with all the original motorsport extras...seats, bodykit, suspension etc etc

I still miss my e30 325i Motorsport.... Ah the good times had!

If only it would stop raining, then I could pinch the old folk’s e30 convertible! *sighs*

Nice 5er

I think I saw it driving through the terrace tunnell yesterday :unsure:

Thanks man... you probably did see me....was I flying? (at the speed limit of course)

Nice off roader pics!

Thanks man... you probably did see me....was I flying? (at the speed limit of course)

Nice off roader pics!

hehe, yeah it looked like you car.

I bought an E34 525 today, pick it up tomorrow and will post pics. They definately drive as good as they look!

Awesome about the new car! Have to start an e34 chapter in welly! What did you get?

E34's rock! Love the handling, and presence they have on the road. Love the silly little things it has as standard...ie...when you put the key in to lock the doors, you turn it a bit further, and all the windows go up!!! Auto heated mirrors...and heated window washer nossles! Which help when your stuck on Desert Road! Silly things like that.

Did you get the M50 engine?

Can someone fill me in on which engines were in the e34's at what year- ie is there a difference between a 1990 525i and a 1992 525i? etc etc

M20. The only reason why I got it cos it is manual, very rare these days, and it sounds f**king awesome, plus its an E34.

There is also a 535 manual out the Hutt for sale on trademe.co.nz, but I didn't look at that one.