Sign in to follow this  
parriehunter

Seen on trademe

I've asked to view his workmanship and prices.

Its tech II for pre f/l cars. If its built properly and fits properly and has a good finish, then go for it.

It appears he is importing it. Possibly he isn't going to have it shipped till it sells - may have to wait.

Its tech II for pre f/l cars. If its built properly and fits properly and has a good finish, then go for it.

It appears he is importing it. Possibly he isn't going to have it shipped till it sells - may have to wait.

Sure they aren't tech2 for either pre or FL? That's what I gathered from the auction details.

Cool, what is fibre glass like for body kits?can it crack easy? I have asked him for some prices will tell yas how much and see if it sounds about right.

Sure they aren't tech2 for either pre or FL? That's what I gathered from the auction details.

Do you mean tech II for both? As the pic is tech II on a pre fl and I didn't notice 'till now the '84-'91 remarks.

Fibreglass is generally less flexible than plastic, but often less expensive.

Fibreglass is generally less flexible than plastic, but often less expensive.

Oh ok, so does that mean it is more likely to crack than plastic? Harder to fit?

i have emailed to actual supplier of the kit so will be interesting to see what the difference in price will be. Also they are manufactured in Hong Kong dont know if that makes a difference.

Depending on damage, fibreglass is often cheaper to fix, but easier to break. Plastic will bend alot before it breaks and can be plastic welded in many cases. Fibreglass is cheaper and easier to produce which is why most cheaper bodykits are made from it. All the BMW factory versions are plastic.

Well he quoted me $850 for the front bumper/spoiler, side skirts and rear spoiler. but the prices seem to be varying quite abit between questions. Is this a reasonable price or expensive?

Edited by parriehunter

Well he quoted me $850 for the front bumper/spoiler, side skirts and rear spoiler. but the prices seem to be varying quite abit between questions. Is this a reasonable price or expensive?

Considering you can get genuine Tech2 kits used for $1000, I think they could be cheaper.

You get your price from Exporters?

Considering you can get genuine Tech2 kits used for $1000, I think they could be cheaper.

You get your price from Exporters?

Yea thats what one guy said on there. No i havn't will be interesting to see the price difference.

Considering you can get genuine Tech2 kits used for $1000

Although they are going up. $1200+ is not unheard of and we are not talking mint condition either.

Hey just got an email from the Hong Kong manufacturer.From what i could gather from the poor english is that it would be about $1550 - a 10% discount for some reason so about $1400 including delivery for the full kit. Which is what the guy on trade me is selling the full four door kit for.