Sign in to follow this  
Matthew

Post pictures

looks way lower in person also is sitting abit funny on driveway

100 ml drop allround front need s to come down 20ml when gaurds are done the car sits 70ml at lowest points

a wee bit bouncy but it a cruiser the rear wheels are very much in the gaurds the front just doesnt tuck but the car is level also will sit lower when springs wear in , rears arent captive its allmost bumpstoped in the rear so im getting new shocks

shortened

also has a big dent in rear quarter and a bit ruff alround will be goin into panel shop when iv got my 2grand saved!

post-1718-1193473726_thumb.jpg

post-1718-1193474009_thumb.jpg

Edited by PBOY

I'm with the keep it low kids on this. There are other purposeses to lowering other than for cosmetic value. You'll end up with a lower centre of gravity and if you use the right springs/shocks combo, you'll have better handling.

You just have to see to it that you don't f**k up your suspension and steering geometry which is a killer.

If you're after the look and you're not into shelling out unnecessary coin then go with springs & maybe shocks. There's no point spending millions if you're not going to get it back.

Below are a few pics of my old E30, my last E36 and my current E36. Current car is 55mm at the lowest structural point and in fairness is a prick to drive round town. After countless hours trying different things I've got the handling sussed so it is possible.

post-495-1196986990_thumb.jpg

post-495-1196987027_thumb.jpg

post-495-1196987134_thumb.jpg

i like you 2 e36 alot spesh the last one, looks dope.

im selling ym e30 to move onto a e36 hopfuly 4 door tho. i like you one alot tho, great job

post-2158-1196989789_thumb.jpg

I'm with the keep it low kids on this. There are other purposeses to lowering other than for cosmetic value. You'll end up with a lower centre of gravity

Read about roll centres.

Below are a few pics of my old E30, my last E36 and my current E36. Current car is 55mm at the lowest structural point and in fairness is a prick to drive round town. After countless hours trying different things I've got the handling sussed so it is possible.

Hey bro, youve got some mean cars definely liking the 19s on the e36, wot sort of shocks are you running ? mines about 25mm at the lowest pt and im definely savin up some coinage to buy sum new front shocks, as my orginals have almost had it lol

Also,how the f**k did you get so much tuck in the front? Mines got slightly less and rubs on full lock. Tyres?

Ohh and my fronts are flared like mental.

Also,how the f**k did you get so much tuck in the front? Mines got slightly less and rubs on full lock. Tyres?

Ohh and my fronts are flared like mental.

215/35/19s on 9" wide rims in the front and lipped and flared guards is basically it. Has 235/35/19s on the back and have never had a problem with rubbing.

It has shortened bilsteins all round for whoever asked.

Could have something to do with offset, you'll have to play around a bit. One of the deals you buy into with the cert is that there's no wheel or tyre contact with body panels so spent ages trying to get it right!

we put my rims on diablo23s ride mine are 8.5 wide running strecthed 225, 35,zr19 his wasent that low at the front an still could barely turn , you wil have to have no bumpstops in that car ? my back gaurd is streched to the limit you could not run a 9 inch rim on mine less than 10ml away from gaurd how did you do this my car is lime 65-70 off the deck atthe lowest points

if you pulled it off all good nice car by the way did it have a P/plate on it ? i think iv seen it around

but f**k it must handle like a port a loo on wheels ? jj algud bro :P

Edited by PBOY

i like you 2 e36 alot spesh the last one, looks dope.

im selling ym e30 to move onto a e36 hopfuly 4 door tho. i like you one alot tho, great job

how a e30 should look

very cool just needs converting to manual lol

when i owned a E30 i pissed round with the suspension for years first i loved it low then i learnt that it gives you shocking handling, so i decided to custom make my own adjusitbibles in the front and put 500 pound race springs, also the thing i found with lowering it past 70ish mm front struts bottom out which is real good if you like to stuff s**t. i had my lowest point on car at 80mm to steering rack and had it certed. was very good handling car. then got over it and got a legnum and put D2's and its on the ground now also. but its handling is terrible.

post-995-1200546003_thumb.jpg

post-995-1200546042_thumb.jpg

Edited by buzzlightyear

this is how my E36 was a couple of years back.............had to get it raised again due to my crap driveway... :banghead:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by localdevdas

looks way lower in person also is sitting abit funny on driveway

100 ml drop allround front need s to come down 20ml when gaurds are done the car sits 70ml at lowest points

a wee bit bouncy but it a cruiser the rear wheels are very much in the gaurds the front just doesnt tuck but the car is level also will sit lower when springs wear in , rears arent captive its allmost bumpstoped in the rear so im getting new shocks

shortened

also has a big dent in rear quarter and a bit ruff alround will be goin into panel shop when iv got my 2grand saved!

post-1718-1193473726_thumb.jpg

post-1718-1193474009_thumb.jpg

Sup!

well i decided to go for 19s after seen these pictures, so have you not flared the guards at all? and is it still siting on 100ml springs or did you end up doing your fronts agen? and what size tyre are your running with your 19s. cheers pboy

matt