Sign in to follow this  
Muzzie

Value Of Car

Gf looking to sell her BMW to buy a classic car, ones she always dreamed of and wants to know what her cars worth.

94 BMW 318iS. 114,000km, singapore import, new wof and reg, new rear tyres. Just serviced, standard mags. Paints in good condition, does a scratch or two. No rust. Full leather interior.

What might she be likely to get for it, and is there anything we can do to increase its value with small outlay?

Edited by Muzzie

In my opinion, id whack it on trademe for $5k and take anything over $4k. The reason for this is the sheer amount of them for sale at the moment. Ex-Singapore takes away a bit, but leather certainly adds value. What colour is it and is it auto or manual?

I can't think of anything that would increase the value for a small outlay. Anything that is going to drastically improve the appearance is gonna cost over $500. In my experience though, the best outlay i've spent is getting an AA check. It relaxes buyers and shows them you've got a good car.

In my opinion, id whack it on trademe for $5k and take anything over $4k. The reason for this is the sheer amount of them for sale at the moment. Ex-Singapore takes away a bit, but leather certainly adds value. What colour is it and is it auto or manual?

I can't think of anything that would increase the value for a small outlay. Anything that is going to drastically improve the appearance is gonna cost over $500. In my experience though, the best outlay i've spent is getting an AA check. It relaxes buyers and shows them you've got a good car.

It's Calypso Red, colour coded skirts and bumpers, and is Auto.

Get a good polish and wax, make sure your windows and wheels are clean, tyres and trims are black (don't have to be shiny, just black).

It's a full days work but these are pretty cheap things to do but will make the car look much tidier.

Edit: typo

Edited by my_e36

Being a coupe will in most cases add value...

Gf looking to sell her BMW to buy a classic car, ones she always dreamed of and wants to know what her cars worth.

94 BMW 318iS. 114,000km, singapore import, new wof and reg, new rear tyres. Just serviced, standard mags. Paints in good condition, does a scratch or two. No rust. Full leather interior.

What might she be likely to get for it, and is there anything we can do to increase its value with small outlay?

The only thing that I can think of is getting a set of clears for the car if it doesn't have one already. Not OE BMW, just Depos will do. They look pretty good. But if the car doesn't have a Motorsport kit it won't have as profound an impact. Still, it will make the car look newer and you should be able to sell it for a bit more. Could probably sell the old lights for some $ too so your outlay would end up being right around $200.

I'd say the most valuable option on the car now is the leather interior, if it's in real good condition I'd say around $5k. Unfortunately there's just too many E36s on the market nowadays so there is a fair bit of downward pressure on prices.

The only thing that I can think of is getting a set of clears for the car if it doesn't have one already. Not OE BMW, just Depos will do. They look pretty good. But if the car doesn't have a Motorsport kit it won't have as profound an impact. Still, it will make the car look newer and you should be able to sell it for a bit more. Could probably sell the old lights for some $ too so your outlay would end up being right around $200.

I'd say the most valuable option on the car now is the leather interior, if it's in real good condition I'd say around $5k. Unfortunately there's just too many E36s on the market nowadays so there is a fair bit of downward pressure on prices.

Yeah the leathers mint, shes decided to pass on the car she was looking at and wait a couple months and then flick it - but at least thats gives me an idea to tell her.

Thanks guys