Sign in to follow this  
international

Any Photographers?

Just wondering if there are any keen photographers in BS?

Just throw in some of your works here and maybe talk about your tools of trade?

Im not a photographer but do like to go out and take pictures, mainly cars.

I needed a camera that took photos in RAW for uni and it needed to be cheap so I got a FujiFilm S6500fd for about $800 and takes mint pictures. I'll post up some of the pictures I've taken with it

my grandma takes better pics than you ryan. and shes dead.

search facebook for : Angus Ulyate for some good and some crap pics of some stuff.

blatant FB ad right there, cunningly disguised.

nice fotos ryan, are some of those in waikumete??? and hybrid those are fantastic, what camera are you using? I do a bit of photography but I like to use manual camera's, I have a couple, my fav is my Canon A1 old, but realiable. :D its good fun.

I use a Olympus e300 DigiSLR in raw. With several pro lenes. those photos I just posted were using my 50mm lens or wide angle.

The rest is proper colour balancing in photoshop CS. The trick is to use the flash to light thing properly in turn with the subject and shutter speed. It helps a ton in the post production.

I use standard photoshop plugins

didnt go to uni or classes for it ... just 'got it' one day.

nice fotos ryan, are some of those in waikumete??? and hybrid those are fantastic, what camera are you using? I do a bit of photography but I like to use manual camera's, I have a couple, my fav is my Canon A1 old, but realiable. :D its good fun.

Ill love to shoot film but digital is just so much easier...Ive got a Nikon FM2 film SLR just sitting around...

Hybrid...looked like you had the awesome camera to match the awesome car...what camera is it?

Ryan...your shots are pretty good...but some are slightly over blown~

I love you gus.

Night pictures are way too hard to take, but meh I guess you gotta practice.

Photoshop always helps to make some pictures a little better

Umm they possibly are Waikumete.

I use a Olympus e300 DigiSLR in raw. With several pro lenes. those photos I just posted were using my 50mm lens or wide angle.

The rest is proper colour balancing in photoshop CS. The trick is to use the flash to light thing properly in turn with the subject and shutter speed. It helps a ton in the post production.

I use standard photoshop plugins

didnt go to uni or classes for it ... just 'got it' one day.

OoO E300s a pretty good 4/3 SLR...I still reckon its better than E330....

Ryan...your shots are pretty good...but some are slightly over blown~

Yeah I do agree, Only just started taking pictures a few months ago. I havent taken any classes on it or anything so Im just going through the stage of trial and error and mucking round with the pictures of photoshop, being colourblind doesnt help though, but I'll keep trying

OoO E300s a pretty good 4/3 SLR...I still reckon its better than E330....

yeah .. was looking at the e500 .. just didnt get on with the plastic body. Also I enjoy the dual battery grip. I dont have to recharge for about a month. its great :)

Was looking into a canon as it has another 'look' however I need to buy a polarisation lens for the e300 as direct harsh sunlight I find it gets a bit to much for the colour balance.

yeah .. was looking at the e500 .. just didnt get on with the plastic body. Also I enjoy the dual battery grip. I dont have to recharge for about a month. its great :)

Was looking into a canon as it has another 'look' however I need to buy a polarisation lens for the e300 as direct harsh sunlight I find it gets a bit to much for the colour balance.

If I was to get a dSLR a few years back...the E300 was have been on my list...I would still regard it as a very good SLR today...Just out of interest...is it hard to souce lenses for your camera?

If you are on the look out for new dSLR...wait for the Nikon D300...its a total beast with 51AF points!!! But of cause...E500 means you can still use same lense...

Edited by international

Yeah I do agree, Only just started taking pictures a few months ago. I havent taken any classes on it or anything so Im just going through the stage of trial and error and mucking round with the pictures of photoshop, being colourblind doesnt help though, but I'll keep trying

I also tend to have slightly over blown images on my edits which is a pain...since you shoot in RAW...everything to do with contrast and other settings should be very flexible...so rather than changing settings of the overall photo, use brush effects to do only the selective parts of the photo to reduce your chances of over blown lights...

Ill upload a photo to show you later...

If I was to get a dSLR a few years back...the E300 was have been on my list...I would still regard it as a very good SLR today...Just out of interest...is it hard to souce lenses for your camera?

If you are on the look out for new dSLR...wait for the Nikon D300...its a total beast with 51AF points!!! But of cause...E500 means you can still use same lense...

interesting :)

I get my stuff from H.E Perry (have a friend there) I really wish I could justify the 10k telephoto f1.8 lens too :( .. hehe

I dont have quite the photo...but anyways...

Posted Image

The above is one hell of an over blown image...as you can see there is absolutely no detail in the centre...What is dark is too dark and is bright is too bright...

Posted Image

Now using selective adjustment using brushes, I only selected parts which I wanted the contrast or colour boost. A lot of contrast increase were made on the right hand side of the photo to try bring out the layers within the clouds and enchance the colour of the ocean reflection...

Maybe you can try that and see if it improves your game...

Sorry guys...Im not much a car photographer myself...mainly because I dont have much cars to shoot...

Edited by international

interesting :)

I get my stuff from H.E Perry (have a friend there) I really wish I could justify the 10k telephoto f1.8 lens too :( .. hehe

hmmm not bad...I see they have an Auckland brance at Eden Terrace...its a shame they dont stock up Nikon products...You shoot in a pretty wide style? I was looking for something that will let me shoot wide but they are all bloody expensive...10-20mm fish eyes for nearly the price of my dSLR is a joke!

Like those ! :)

yeah ive been mucking around with HDR photography .. finally got the right gear to do it, decent tripod and remote trigger. (camera needs to be very still)

Need to really find the time to work on it tho.

Like those ! :)

yeah ive been mucking around with HDR photography .. finally got the right gear to do it, decent tripod and remote trigger. (camera needs to be very still)

Need to really find the time to work on it tho.

Taking about HDRs...Im having issues trying to get a good image out of it...Tired CS2 and PhotoMatix...I guess I just really need to sit down and play with it for a few hours...

Yea, its quite important if you want to shoot HDR, NZ has the perfect beaches and natural locations...

Ive save a few bucks from the remote trigger by using self timer set on 2 seconds which is actually quite good...just remember to insert the viewfinder cover when you shoot remotely! :D

I hope mine are not too embarrasing to be on here.

All taken with Nikon D50

Lens:

Bimmer and the church - AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED

fireworks, ducks, birds - AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED

Mini - Sigma 17-35mm F2.8-4 EX DG ASPHERICAL HSM

post-450-1188217380_thumb.jpg

post-450-1188217393_thumb.jpg

post-450-1188217406_thumb.jpg

post-450-1188217418_thumb.jpg

post-450-1188217437_thumb.jpg

post-450-1188217445_thumb.jpg

post-450-1188217468_thumb.jpg

I didn't take them, but heres a few shots of my old car... :) most of em were taken at the old shelley bay airforce base.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Someone take a mint closeup shot of the eclipse right now!