Sign in to follow this  
bravo

This Months Top gear Magazine

My bro and sis got me a sub to Top Gear NZ mag, last months issue being the first to arrive. It's not a mag I'd ever buy myself, and previously have only read the first ever NZ issue to see what it was like, but in what can only be a fluke, last month had an article on the 6-er, and this month there are articles/reviews of the new X5, 335i vert, e92 m3, plus a pictorial history of the m3 from e30 to present. Also article on the s65 from the e92 m3, and a sidebar with the BMW art cars.

Nothing "wow" and as expected a few errors that only BMW geeks would notice or care about, but definately worth flipping through at your local bookstore.

Edited by bravo

P.S. to "TheJen". I see you reading this. The article about the s65 (pgs 82-85) will give you all sorts of ideas about the ethos of BMW for your research.

Nothing "wow" and as expected a few errors that only BMW geeks would notice or care about, but definately worth flipping through at your local bookstore.

Did anyone else notice nothing was said about the E36 M3 Evolution in their M3 history?

Yeah I noticed.

Reviving this thread as they've done it again (secret Bimmer fan at Top Gear Mag???)

Any way -

Mini Clubman pages 15-19 (OK not really BMW, but wait - there's more).

X Coupe Concept mention on pge 22.

E92 m3 mention on page 23.

635d full-page summary page 24.

Review of the X5 page 54-55.

And then on the money, a little tribute to M-cars pages 117-120 ending on a gem of a quote:

...BMW has been guilty of devaluing the M-brand with lookalike M-Sport accessory packages, including the coveted red-and-blue striped M-badge... The kind of people who think a factory spoiler kit really makes their BMW 320i look just like an M3, and the kind of people who are actually fooled by it, deserve each other.

Gold.

Edited by bravo

not really a fan of the TG mag, its main selling point seems to be the presenters off the show, rather than its content.

My 2c

Agree. But when you are given a free subscription you may as well read it.