Sign in to follow this  
OLLIE

M20/B25 Full Engine Swap Kit - FOR SALE

I have an M20 B25 engine from an E30 pre-facelift 325i for sale.

Package includes:

Engine

Wiring Loom, Motronic 1.1 ECU & all electrics (incl, fuse & relay box)

Viscous Fan

Starter motor

Coolant reservior

Oil cooler

Intake

Throttle body

Exhaust manifold

Cable & fittings to relocate battery to the boot

etc...

The engine is in good running order, it has done approx 210,000 km, service history unknown, apparently it has been rebuilt once in it's life.

Everything you need to get this engine going is included bar a couple of hoses, connectors and the odd bolt or nut. I can most likely supply other bits that you may need during the swap.

No Gearbox or clutch included

$850 ono

call me on 027 544 8699 or email ollie@bimmersport.co.nz

trade me link

you pussied out didnt you!

haha nah, common sense prevailed, i'm going to get a new daily/tow car.

insert massive profit *here*

take into account trailer hire, 4 hours getting the wrecked car with no wheels past the carport and onto the trailer, 2 hours travel, 3 hours taking the engine out of the car with 2 people plus the cost of the wreck and i'd say the profit was not a lot. Not selling it for profit, selling it because i've decided not to use it anymore.

any takers

Would be keen as to buy it if you were selling it in a couple of months. dont have the cash right now tho!

sorry to change the subject but does anyone know how to take the forums off tab style? when i open a topic up all the posts are listed and i have to open each one individually. bloody anoying!! does any one know how to turn this off? any help would be cool.

cheers

take into account trailer hire, 4 hours getting the wrecked car with no wheels past the carport and onto the trailer, 2 hours travel, 3 hours taking the engine out of the car with 2 people plus the cost of the wreck and i'd say the profit was not a lot. Not selling it for profit, selling it because i've decided not to use it anymore.

any takers

I was being sarcastic dude :rolleyes:

Its all good, so you going to keep the luxorbeige?

I was being sarcastic dude :rolleyes:

Its all good, so you going to keep the luxorbeige?

haha yeah man i know, all good.

luxorbeige is going to go at some stage in the near future, whether it be in parts or as is.

you coming to the bimmersport meet next thursday? or the ice breaker meet next weekend?

also M325i, if you really want it you can put down a deposit and i'll hold onto it for a couple of months for you.

haha yeah man i know, all good.

luxorbeige is going to go at some stage in the near future, whether it be in parts or as is.

you coming to the bimmersport meet next thursday? or the ice breaker meet next weekend?

also M325i, if you really want it you can put down a deposit and i'll hold onto it for a couple of months for you.

Just keep it on TM if it doesent sell by the time i have the money then ill get it. like i said i wont have the money for a couple months. i dont want to mess you around. just after a solid engine to chuck in the car next year.

mines a little tierd!

Hey do you know how to change the format of viewing posts so they all apear when you open a topic?

dammit for being prefacelift or you would have sold!

Hi. I might be interested.

Is it possible to hear it running ?

at least is is possible to view it ?

did it had auto or manual tranny ?

Had an Auto tranny. It runs mint.

Ollie bought the car off me and I bought it off Darren (SRBMW)

Had an Auto tranny. It runs mint.

Ollie bought the car off me and I bought it off Darren (SRBMW)

sorry, you didnt replied whether i can see it running. after reading the thread I presume it is already out of the vehicle. Any discount, if I dont take ECU or loom ? I just need the long block really...

it's out of the car so no chance hearing it running. i prefer to keep the lot together as it is the perfect kit for a full swap or upgrade

So the ECU Loom etc will plug straight into an E30 an run the motor ollie? If so who wired/setup the electrical side of things for you, would be keen on the loom etc as mops is interested in everything else maybe i could make up the difference? Very interested if this saves me wiring my M50 setup.

I also would like to know how to get the topic views of that annoying tab format, bit off topic but damn its annoying!

Cheers, Luke

Edited by Boost Junky

Can this go into a face-lift car?

So the ECU Loom etc will plug straight into an E30 an run the motor ollie? If so who wired/setup the electrical side of things for you, would be keen on the loom etc as mops is interested in everything else maybe i could make up the difference? Very interested if this saves me wiring my M50 setup.

I also would like to know how to get the topic views of that annoying tab format, bit off topic but damn its annoying!

Cheers, Luke

yes, we could talk and mayube thing as the hole and split cost.

I sort of don't understand you saying that it will save you wiring up m50 ?

well, it's an m20, so it will bolt straight into any m20 compabitile chasis/enginemounts...

as for ecu... no, this is motronic 1.1, it has 35 pin connector and were installed only in the very early e30's. as of 86 v1.1 was replaced with v1.3, which has 55pin connector.

well, it's an m20, so it will bolt straight into any m20 compabitile chasis/enginemounts...

as for ecu... no, this is motronic 1.1, it has 35 pin connector and were installed only in the very early e30's. as of 86 v1.1 was replaced with v1.3, which has 55pin connector.

Yep ok, so, it can be done -- just needs to be re-wired yeh?

Yep ok, so, it can be done -- just needs to be re-wired yeh?

i'm not sure what you are trying to achieve. this thread is about m20 engine, while you are talking about m50 engine. If you could eplain clearly what's you are trying to do then i could possibly advise you on how hard/what's involved, etc. all in all, everything is doable, it's just the matter of time and money...

i'm not sure what you are trying to achieve. this thread is about m20 engine, while you are talking about m50 engine. If you could eplain clearly what's you are trying to do then i could possibly advise you on how hard/what's involved, etc. all in all, everything is doable, it's just the matter of time and money...

I'm looking at a FL 325i with blown engine, will need a replacement. The other guy is seeking M50 conversion stuff. Can I re-wire it myself, following internet diagrams, or is it more intense?

I'm looking at a FL 325i with blown engine, will need a replacement. The other guy is seeking M50 conversion stuff. Can I re-wire it myself, following internet diagrams, or is it more intense?

it comes with loom & ecu so wiring will be minimal

Bahh the effects of reading a thread at 1am in the morning :unsure: My eyes told me last night it was for a M50B25 how foolish sorry to waste your time Ollie and Mops lol...

You can swap fronts of each engine (cam gear, motronic set-up, water pump & dissy (if fitted) with blanking plug/ oil pump drive & manifolds. Use existing (in car) manifolds/ engine wiring.

Basicly using bare doner engine & swapping all later perrifials to it. - I have done this conversion before