Sign in to follow this  
bravo

e30 central locking

Will unlock from both front doors and the boot, but won't lock from any - have to lock each door individually.

Is this the lock side of the control unit dead, or something else?

Loooked at the wiring diagram, but its not easy to troubleshoot why it would unlock but not lock.

Cheers

P.S. its areal pain in the arse as everytime you get in the car all the doors unlock, but when you get out you have to lock them all by hand. If it was the other way around it wouldn't be so bad.

IMO the lock motors sound stuffed although two at the same time is a big coincidence. Be thankful the barrels aren't stuffed!

You sure as it is a four door. You're telling me that six motors are stuffed (both fronts, boot and fuel cap). and that they all unlock but won't lock??? Or will two stuffed front motors cause none of them to work?

Sounds like either the Control in the drivers foot well, or adjust ment of the micro switch in the drivers door, has effect if not in the right place.

Also if the arm on the key barrell ( inside the door ) is broken it will not activate properly, have just fixed 1 car with this problem in the last 3 weeks.

Thanks Ian. I will pull out the control unit first, then start on the micro switches one at a time. Cheers.

Edited by bravo

Guest Ken

Thanks brent. I will pull out the control unit first, then start on the micro switches one at a time. Cheers.

Brent??? :lol:

Junior moment ken - didn't read the user name properly. So sorry, Ian.

Guest Ken

Junior moment ken - didn't read the user name properly. So sorry, Ian.

Do you realise what Ian does to people who get his name wrong??? Wellington is no longer a safe place for you!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Well after the last time I drank with Ian in Taupo, I don't think I'm safe anyway - hah.

And this means?

Well after the last time I drank with Ian in Taupo, I don't think I'm safe anyway - hah.

Guest Ken

QUOTE(bravo @ Sep 10 2007, 11:14 PM)

And this means?

Bravo is in the sh*t again? :P