Sign in to follow this  
Guest Si Vis Pacem

I want to weep!

God awful springs to mind, but I bet it moves.

I hope that JPS doesn't mean it was the same kind of sixer that some guy is wanting about $50k for on Tardme at the mo... what a waste, and what a mess of the interior!

Still, rip out the engine and exhaust, give it a bit of a tidy up... could look pretty good in the right hands...

Don't worry about the interior - many of the nicest cars on this forum looked like that at some stage during the build - its normal for an engine swap. But yeah, I noticed the JPS stickers and hoped that they were just "bling".

Edited by bravo

Guest Ken

I'm a 6-series admirer, not an expert. This car has "sofa" seats as opposed to sports seats, (which I thought would be commensurate with any racing heritage/implications) and the wheels are definitely not original. I'm reasonably sure that JPS didn't get into bed with BMW until the 80s - are there any other Bimmersport "old fogies" that can back me up here?

As for rebuilding, well, I think you would have to treat it as a bare shell and start from there. Personally I would start with a manual 635, although this is very tempting... 3.0 CS

Bloody discusting & shouldn't be allowed, bastardised what was a real car!

As for rebuilding, well, I think you would have to treat it as a bare shell and start from there. Personally I would start with a manual 635, although this is very tempting... 3.0 CS

The shell looks pretty rough anyway.

Aside from dates, I think all JPS cars were black w/gold trim.

Viewing that 6 series was odd. I'm not opposed to engine transplants and that sort of carry on, and I don't think you'd call me a purist but there was something just... wrong about that car (maybe it's the auto 'box. I have... issues with autos).

And if the six felt funny, that 3.0 CS that Ken posted hurts me. Hurts me. I want it so bad. Curse my perpetual brokeness!

edit: Just noticed it's an auto. Not quite as appealling. My pain lessens.

Edited by TDP

Guest Ken

Viewing that 6 series was odd. I'm not opposed to engine transplants and that sort of carry on, and I don't think you'd call me a purist but there was something just... wrong about that car (maybe it's the auto 'box. I have... issues with autos).

And if the six felt funny, that 3.0 CS that Ken posted hurts me. Hurts me. I want it so bad. Curse my perpetual brokeness!

edit: Just noticed it's an auto. Not quite as appealling. My pain lessens.

Yes it is very tempting but the CS gives it away... CSi = manual, EFI etc. Still, could be an interesting project to make it a CSi. Biggest issue is the rust, can be worse than Jags!!!

hmmm.... with some decent suspension, a manual box, and a bit of work tha would be such a sweet car.

there was a 635csi for sale for ages up here for i think it was 6k pretty tidy too

Yes it is very tempting but the CS gives it away... CSi = manual, EFI etc. Still, could be an interesting project to make it a CSi. Biggest issue is the rust, can be worse than Jags!!!

Yeah, I let my thoughts wander off down the manualising path as well. It is very tempting.

That comment about old Jags and rust has the ring of bitter experience to it. You're preaching to the choir though, I've owned a couple of different Alfas from the '60s and '70s. Rust is my most feared and loathed decision making factor when buying old cars.

i just realised that that car is technically a bmw 666cs now (no i its not injected)

i am quite seriously considering swapping my commodore for it, the guy seems quite keen, and i want a more sporty car.

Guest Ken

i just realised that that car is technically a bmw 666cs now (no i its not injected)

i am quite seriously considering swapping my commodore for it, the guy seems quite keen, and i want a more sporty car.

Negative (jealous) vibes to you!

well he seems willing to make up the difference in value with some cash, and hell, the motor (if it is a proper 400 block not some overstroked catastrophe) is probably worth most of $3k. 400 blocks are very very hard to find.

also there is an easy 450hp or maybe more out of that motor, and it weighs not much more than the 3.2l six that was in there before.

Don't worry about the interior - many of the nicest cars on this forum looked like that at some stage during the build - its normal for an engine swap. But yeah, I noticed the JPS stickers and hoped that they were just "bling".

hehe .. you should seen the interior of the 330 before leather and getting rid of the god awful wood trim.