Sign in to follow this  
togate

Diff Bush

hey newbie question

when i accelerate hard my diff shudders really bad, i suspect its this bush, would repco stock it? i presume the part number is 1135247? are there any nolethane types available?

Posted Image

any help would be great thanks

Edited by togate

haha, have you been doing burn outs, talk to ray hellbm about it

on 021 243 5526, hes the man you need to talk to.

I suspect you just helped me sought out my problem, mine is starting to judder aswell

not that ive been abusing it . . . . . . . . . what else are rwd's for :)

That and the two subframe bushes hold the rear end onto the car. So you'd be wise to replace all three. May as well do the trailing arm ones at the same time as they are cheap.

Get polyurethane ones from Ireland Engineering www.bmw2002.com. I don't know of any local suppliers of polyurethane bushes for e30's.

This is assuming you have correctly diagnosed the problem - not clutch shudder/slip?

Edited by bravo

bravo, not sure about his problem, but mine i suspect has to be diff related, because the clutch is fairly new, like a year old and i havent been driving it much (all though its possible my rear main seals are leaking, is it possible for oil to leak onto the clutch) ? i have no idea.

Any one know who to talk to for bushes (for the diff, nd trailing arm etc?)

might as well do it when i put my 325 motor in the new e30 shell

bravo, not sure about his problem, but mine i suspect has to be diff related, because the clutch is fairly new, like a year old and i havent been driving it much (all though its possible my rear main seals are leaking, is it possible for oil to leak onto the clutch) ? i have no idea.

Definitely possible, but you'd smell it if oil was being burnt off.

Edited by bravo

nah, no smell of oil, and no smoke coming out of wierd places, so must be diff

who to talk to about bushes??

checked out bmw2002.com

any one else ?

preferably in nz :)

its $84NZD for the trailing arm bushes, and diff hanger bush. may as well get it. thanks for the info bravo

Edited by togate

Pay to also check the centre support bearing in the drive shaft, it is a common source of vibration under load!!

its $84NZD for the trailing arm bushes, and diff hanger bush. may as well get it.

Urethane? where from?

bmw2002

$84 just for the bushes, i emailed them about shipping details.

Edited by togate

Pay to also check the centre support bearing in the drive shaft, it is a common source of vibration under load!!

is that in the middle or under the gear changer ??

i just had a massive vibration round that area and some one that did our trans didnt bolt 3 of the bolts in up there . . . .. im assuming its in the centre of the drive shaft some where ?? that would cause vibration yes ?

you may be right, im taking my car into diffs are us to check it out. and this is the new zealand supplier for powerflex bushes if anyone wants to know

Dynamic Raceparts Ltd.

4 c Ride Way

Albany

Auckland 0632

tel: 64 9 415 1070

fax: 64 9 415 1071

email: dynamicraceparts@xtra.co.nz

Edited by togate