Sign in to follow this  
Grant

Present sitting in my office

Hi All

Been out of my office for a couple of days, but when I got back in this morning, there was a large box sitting there.

This is what it contains (sorry for the blurry pictures...damn cellphone camera is hopeless close up to anything):

post-43-1190319931_thumb.jpg

post-43-1190319960_thumb.jpg

post-43-1190319983_thumb.jpg

well - that will be one effect (not the reason though), the main reason is to improve the handling of the 328. It should improve he handling without effecting ride quality too much (as the car really only used on the street, and also I am quite often carting my wife and baby around - so don't want them to be too uncomfortable).

However it will lower the front by 1.5" and the rear by 1".

Cheers

Grant

Oh I can hardly wait to see the car with them fitted! I too have a 328i manual sedan and a wife & soon to be born baby to cart around also. My motives would be identical to your own!

PICS once fitted pleased :D

Oh I can hardly wait to see the car with them fitted! I too have a 328i manual sedan and a wife & soon to be born baby to cart around also. My motives would be identical to your own!

PICS once fitted pleased :D

Yup - will definately post pics. Have been waiting for this last piece of the jigsaw before posting any pics. The car is come a long way in the time I have owned it (most of it mechanically), but it is nearly at a stage where I am pretty happy with it.

Cheers

Grant

Reminds me of the time I got mine done. :)

Why are the springs blue? Mine were purple/pink. Check the fitment of the spring to shock (especially the front) as my springs were not trapped and I had to shorten the shock. :)

Rides very nicely.

Edit: Found thread here http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index....5&hl=shocks

Edited by lidistick

They are meant to be the blue spring. These will work fine, without any shock shortnening. It is a shock/spring package from Turner Motorsports, so is well proven.

These are the US market H&R springs, which may explain the colour difference (the E30 ones from the US are a different colour from the European market ones as well). I had the same equivilant package in my E30 and was very happy with the result (now these are in Gus' Jungle beast)

Cheers

Grant

Lidistick - I hope mine ends up with the same ride height as yours - it seems just right (however I have 17's as opposed to your 18's).

If the part# on the springs says 29824 then the drop in the front will be 40mm and the rear will be 15mm, they are a slightly different design to the pink springs in the other thread.

Yup - the part number is 29824-2 (for the post 1992 6 cylinder E36). A 40mm front and 15mm rear drop will be perfect.

Had the Bilstein's and H&R's installed today (along with new ball joints, bushes and shock mounts). Will try and give the car a wash and take a couple of pics over the weekend (I took a couple of before pics yesterday, so can make a comparison).

The car is a completely different animal, and handles very very well. The drop in ride height is not too dramatic (thankfully), but is an improvement (especially at the front).

Cheers

Grant

finally..back to H&Rs after i stole yours

G G G G UNit...its been some time!