Sign in to follow this  
Old_Skool_Bmw

pimping out the pathfinder.. lol

just picked me up a 92' nissan pathfinder. :D beach cruiser here we come!!

Going to be installing the following this weekend

2 x 2000w pioneer (750w rms) subs w/custom sub box..

2 x 1000wrms 'D' class amps

few metres of 4g power wire, big arse fuse etc

haha, it's definately nothing flash.. im not even worried about speakers. Will have a dig around to see if i can find some 2way 5's or sumthing.

As i couldn't sell the subs earlier this year im planning to just run them in the 4x4 and sell with the truck later in the year. Only bought the truck so i can tow my e30m3 up from CHCH in October.

i'll get some pics up this week guys. haha should be a fun little project. not too worried about speakers at this stage. probably going to stick in some old 300w pioneer 6x9's. not putting anything flash in like my DLS speakers. don't suit the car.

just curious, has anyone else done any 4x4 installs?? im expecting a s**t load more bass then i had in my 190e due to no wall in the way. (it's just like having 1 bigarse cabbin of sound in a 4x4)

Laurence.

Meant to reply earlier but never got to it.

Done a few 4wds (Rangerover x 2 and Terrano) Yep you get increased bass from having no wall to play through but also your cabin airspace is heaps bigger so there's more air to pressurise. Regardless 2k rms will be hell loud but for that kind of power I'd be looking at bigger power wire - 2ga minimum, maybe even 0ga, depends how hard you're gonna crank it.

If it's a beach cruiser, then cover the subs with a decent blanket whilst on the beach, especially if you're running a ported box. Sand is not a sub's best friend. With a sealed enclosure you shouldn't have too much issue with sand but best to veer on the side of caution. The biggest sub I've run in a 4wd is a 10"with 400rms into it and that was plenty, so what you've got will be way overboard. Although I like my bass I'm not a basshead so 400rms is more than enough for me (says he as he plans 1600rms into the e39).

Now where's the Pathfinder pics?

In hospital getting his kidney replaced